skybin

DVR cannot detect USB device & cannot login router

Hi

Please Help..... I've a few problems here.

1st, my DVR cannot detect USB device. This is the 1st time I'm trying to do backup since I bought this unit back in Sept 2004. Not very sure of the exact model because no label can be found on the unit, however base on the look, it should be CPD500W.

The USB port was next to the hard disk lock rather than the rear. I'd try using thumb drive & external hard disk, both cannot be detected.

2nd, I used to access via internet from office but 1 fine day the connection was cut off. I don't have problem accessing CCTV at home from PC. After looking for solution, it got to do with Port Forwarding function, which leads me to 3rd problem. That is, I'm unable to excess my router configuration. The log-in dialog box does not appear after I enter 192.168.1.1.

Thank you in advance.

Don't know if it helps but . .

Flash pen should be formatted to fat32 and the external hard drive wouldn't work on mine without without external power supply. There wasn't enough power coming from the usb port.

If you bought this unit in 2004, unless you have downloaded video before, this unit might use the USB port only for "updating" purposes, and not for video capture. Some newer DVR's come with 2 USB ports, 1 for "upgrades" and 1 for video capture download to thumb drive. Check with your instruction manual to make sure.