anyone ever heard of a PC DVR called Capture??

I have a client that needs cameras repaired and they are running this software, image is very bad on all cameras, havent actually gone direct to each camera yet, but Im sure they cant be as bad as they look on the DVR side ...maybe some incorrect settings in the DVR or bad video card on the DVRs PC? Anyway ever heard of this PCI Card?

Capture is IDIS. Same as the Eastman Telebell IDIS system or the Ademco IDIS system. Richardson carries the Capture name through Hitron of Korea. It is actually a very good DVR card so if you have picture quality problems it is probably somewhere in the system and not due to the actual DVR.

That said, you should check the DVR settings since they might have it on low resolution and small picture size.

thanks, I found their web site. Domes are 480TVL and auto iris, actually had good specs, maybe they were never focused properly from day one .... or maybe they are just cheapo OEM domes? They are the Domes pictured on the Capture site though. Just never heard of the name Capture before. Ademco Video is not exactly a good name to stand behind also, video I mean. (I install Ademco alarms!) And who/what is richardson electonics?

anyway, will check it out. Tell you the truth, I have not yet been impressed by any PC DVR I have used yet, will see how this one pans out when I go back to do the cameras and have a chance to test it out. Looks though like it has a bunch of quads or distributors, as there is also a mux to a normal CCTV monitor, and gawd knows what other stuff. I need a closer look on Monday. Maybe it is one of their stand alone DVRs, with 4 channel video servers going out to the PC that I was originally looking at it on ..? I never saw anything that resembled a DVR or any of their DVRs on their web site, anyway, just doing a price to move 3 existing cameras, and probably will do a per hour on focusing the other cameras, or at least wait to deal with them until I know what the problem is with them, wire, or other system parts between the cameras and the DVR, or whatever it is. Only went to look today, reluctantly, but its work, and I guess if anyone can fix it in Nassau, Im sure I can

Rory

That said, you should check the DVR settings since they might have it on low resolution and small picture size.

No, they are just very blurry, and some are just blurry on the edges. A canadian company sold them it and installed it, so I would have thought it would have been focused and set up proper from day one, and they are domes, so they dont just get unfocused. Anyway, a slight troublshooting nightmare ..but what the hey!

They should have supported the local market to start with ..!!

Richardson owns a distributor in Canada called Burtek which is pretty big and the Capture DVR is their best selling PC based DVR. Capture is an in house brand for Richardson/Burtek that is from Hitron of Korea. Hitron used to private label all the CCTV equipment for Ultrak and when Ademco took over Ultrak a lot of the same equipment ended up under the Ademco name. I think Samsung/GVI also has the same unit under their name.

Most likely the one you are working on is a 30 fps unit, maybe 120 fps but the 30 fps was their biggest seller. Good luck with it.