sunnyny

Recommendations

Hi

Looking for a stand alone DVR unit or DVR card which allows -

1 - Remote viewing thru internet explorer (dont' want to download a client viewer. Active X componenet is ok!)

2 - Compatible with dynamic IP address (VERIZON DSL - NY)

3 - Able to setup thru computer rather than a monitor

4 - Should be able to change TCP/UDP Ports

5 - Recording is an option

6 - Should be compatible with Intel & AMD CPU's (Dell or Custom machines)

Thank you

Location - Long Island, NY

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

We carry and support the complete Geovision dvr card line, which meets your requirements. (I would stay away from AMD though)

Best part, we have just opened our new cctv showroom right here on Long Island.

Contact me between 9-6pm eastern time.

Sal

You are not going to get a DVR card with more than 30fps to work on a AMD system.

Try to take a look at the I-view, more relaiable than GEO, plus cheaper, several members have bought a system from us, do a search, and see for yourself.

Looking for maximum of 4 camera's. The DVR card recommended, will they work on Windows XP home or Professional only. Do the card's support dynamic IP. Thank you everyone for the help.

Um Herminshs, does that mean that the 240 fps card in my test box isn't working, cause I seem to be viewing images and recording at 240 fps. I'm currently running an AMD XP 2800+ without a hicup.

Uh! very interesting.

I was under the understanding that the hint chip that's used to connect all of the BT chips on the cards was incompartible with any AMD based Chipset.

Send me a PM, because I do want to take a look at the product that guy guys have.

www.i3dvr.com

well are a manufacturer which sell a large line of products (DVRs, standalones, cameras, etc...)

Our software is truely unique compared to others in which we have feautures such as human recognition/detection, we intergrate our DVR's with many types of registers, etc...

If you dont believe me, please visit our website of PM me.

Simple solution:

Sanyo DSR-3000 series digital recorder. Browser based (IE) and no seperate viewing software. They come in 6, 9, and 16 channel configurations with 80gb, 160gb, 320gb, and 500gb.

The price is well below comparable models and the warranty surpasses every major player in the industry. Plus, these units will work forever!

the warranty surpasses every major player?

what is the warranty? because then it should be more than 3 yrs.

Yeah, 3 years is a norm, for real. I wonder if they would ship to the Bahamas for free, and pay my customs Duty also

Man, if they could only make their products look a little better ...they still have the 80's design going on.

Well, I offer 5 years on my PC based DVR.

I3DVR, we know that your company uses the Kodicomm Card, so your DVR'S is not that Unique.

3-year DVR warranty is the norm. However, if Sanyo's DVR requires a repair during their warranty period, Sanyo pays for overnight shipping to their facility, they fix the unit within 24 hours, then ship it back to customer via overnight shipping - all paid for by Sanyo during the entire warranty period. If the customer needs a loaner unit during the repair, Sanyo ships it out overnight at no charge and will even have a rep readily available to assist at the jobsite if needed.

The best warranty is one that you do not have to use. In over 37 installs, I have had one Sanyo hard drive fail. Not bad.

we write our own software.

Find me a company thats prices are not too expensive and has features such as human recognition, human tracking, POS integration, trip wire, motion detection, 32 channel, RAID 5, plus many more...

Im not disputing that. Sanyo is a good company, I know they are, I have used their cameras. Warranty doesnt do anything for me over here though, its what warranty my distributor gives me. I just wish they would update the look of them.

Find me a company thats prices are not too expensive and has features such as human recognition, human tracking, POS integration, trip wire, motion detection, 32 channel, RAID 5, plus many more...

I-VIEW.

Object tracking is coming out in April, plus there is one more feature that we have that most don't have, a panic button. Hit that button, and the alams, and the relays can cause any intruder all kinds of hell.

Not everyone is looking for object tracking, human recognition and the rest.

In fact a huge numbert of installations are looking for simplicity, not complexity, and systems like the Sanyo, DM, Kalatel, Vitek, Nuvico, etc are just right for them. The last thing they need is a delicate PC based system with all the inherent problems of instability due to Microsoft based operating systems, trojan horse programs, virus', etc. Sometimes a robust standalone product is what works best without all the bells and whistles. Perhaps it is most important to find out what this person is looking for first before throwing out everyone's favorite DVR. BTW just as a note, the Kodicom based systems are very picky about the video card and many installations require a total change of video cards in the remote viewing stations which can be a royal pain. Having sold many Kodicom systems and suffering through problems like that I wouldn't say that I-3 or any Kodicom board based system is the end all solution to many applications.

It seems nothing is the end all to a system these days, like AV said, everybody has different wants and needs, and budget

I just switched out an Eclipse PC system for the AvTech 16 channel ... the eclipse had way more features, better remote video, etc etc, still a budget PC system, but did more than the AvTech ..but the client decided he wanted a plug play and forget about it system, and since the AvTech was so cheap, he bought it.

I got another client, who has a DM 16 channel Sprite (geez doesnt come close to the Kalatel units by the way ..) and we are switching that out, or at least quoted for it, as they want all the features, and faster recording (licence plate capture), to a PC system.

And .. i got another client, who needs something like the Iview .. real time,. stand alone ..not RTOS no, but push buttons make it more unlike a PC, and embedded XP make it somewhat more secure ..besides the other features a system like that has over an RTOS or the cheaper Eclipse PC.

Then I got tons of clients that just want the dead cheapest 4 channel i can get, in comes Power Tellecoms 4 channel .. and for the DIYer, Say Securities 4 channel with cat5 cameras ..

Another Im looking at is Video Insight, as it has cross browser web client, Java based, multi servers, with Analog or IP conections .. I can basically use it to set up a full blown video monitoring station down here, next to the alarm monitoring station, and the programmers are right there in Texas ..

Selling one DVR just hasnt cut it for me over the past few years, so time to eat up the market and sell a variety .. Thing is you can go on and on and on, there are plenty of good DVRs out there. just have to know when to say stop, enough already, the ones I have will cover any application or need. ..

I have a client right now we did a quote for, money is not an issue, so we will probably use a 480pps PC Dvr, with all the features, PDA, etc etc etc, then loop from a Kalatel RTOS to the PC DVR, so best of both worlds ..the Kalatel would only be a back up, plus local monitor playback as the quality is Real DVD on the CCTV monitor.

Rory

Not everyone is looking for object tracking, human recognition and the rest.

In fact a huge numbert of installations are looking for simplicity, not complexity, and systems like the Sanyo, DM, Kalatel, Vitek, Nuvico, etc are just right for them. The last thing they need is a delicate PC based system with all the inherent problems of instability due to Microsoft based operating systems, trojan horse programs, virus', etc. Sometimes a robust standalone product is what works best without all the bells and whistles. Perhaps it is most important to find out what this person is looking for first before throwing out everyone's favorite DVR. BTW just as a note, the Kodicom based systems are very picky about the video card and many installations require a total change of video cards in the remote viewing stations which can be a royal pain. Having sold many Kodicom systems and suffering through problems like that I wouldn't say that I-3 or any Kodicom board based system is the end all solution to many applications.

The new software is not as picky on the remote video card.

We have had much success with Kodicom. You just have to put it in the right PC.

Hey Heloder, we (the head office) are located in scarborough. Do i work for i3dvr? yes i do. More importantly, am i the one to contact... no.

The truth guys, i was just trying to start somewhere. I hope to get a MBA and become a salesman for i3dvr one day or maybe get a job in human resources. But being 17 does not cutt it, i should rather concentrate in school and let my dad (CEO) do all the work for now. Maybe in the future i'll ahve my chance. Sorry if i disturbed the peace in this great forum.

If any of you are interested , your best bet is to contact Vy, a sales rep. who works at i3dvr headoffice (aka my uncle).

I think i do have a great amount of knowledge on DVR's and the i3 system so asking me questions or contacting me personally wouldn't be a bad idea. Cause i want to start somewhere. I'll check this forum time to time to give advice, not to advertise anymore.

Thanks

Andy H.

I-VIEW.

Object tracking is coming out in April, plus there is one more feature that we have that most don't have, a panic button. Hit that button, and the alams, and the relays can cause any intruder all kinds of hell.

just a note, object tracking if different then human recognition, we already have object tracking. And we also intergrate with the panic alarms, card access, etc... Such places as tim hortons, they have a wireless remote where they can press and it will cue the silent alarm.

And we also intergrate with the panic alarms, card access, etc... Such places as tim hortons, they have a wireless remote where they can press and it will cue the silent alarm.

Hmmm, you mean a simple wireless alarm panic button .. ? I got an Ademco Timex Watch that controls my alarm, last 5 years now ..any relay I add to the alarm I can control from my watch wirelessly..

but human recognision is a nice feature ..