jisaac

Camera Master 2 review

Ok I was contemplating for a while to get one of these and after VST got one and gave a review I decided to go ahead and get one. Well I finally got it in. It was back ordered for 2 weeks. And here is my thoughts:

First I have to say the casing does feel kind of cheap. Feels like one drop will be its only. So a strap would have been a wise choice for them to ad. One thing I was not aware of was the fact that FM systems feel that the world is running short on 9 volt batteries. So to combat this supposed "shortage of 9 volt batteries" they made the auto shut of timing WAY to short. That is extremely annoying! I mean heck its not that big of deal if I run my 9 volt battery to long. Like VST said the guy who timed that was sitting at a bench and has probably used this thing with the same camera for 10 years. That timing issue is a major minus for the tester.

Also they should have provided some terminating resistors or a calibrated jumper cable.

Now hooking your camera up to it does provide a better camera shot after using it. Although there has been a few times I had to unplug it and plug it back in because the reading was way off. It is easy to adjust while looking using the reading on the meter. It is good to be able to give it to some one else and let them come back with a perfect shot. It is convenient.

Overall I think the Cm-2 is pretty nice in the way it is effective. But the design and development could have been much better. In the end I feel it is a good toy but not a necessity. If you have the extra cash and want another toy go ahead. If you have a test monitor and not much extra cash then you will be ok without it.

So thats my review hope it shines some light for those curious on how different people feel about it.