bobbyb

lpr camera not seeing my ir illuminator

We installed a Messoa SCR515Pro120 license plate camera with zoom lens. The infrared illuminator board does not work.

Does anyone know if I can add a separate infrared illuminator next to and directly covering the area for night time license plate viewing. The camera works well just no infrared.

I do not understand what you mean "As long as the IR filter still slides out of the way at night".

The current IRs are circling the lens within the housing and I was told that hen normally working the are on all the time.

The camera senses when to switch into the night mode and will turn the screen black. The only thing that shows up then is the front or the back of the vehicle with the license plate reflective. If I mount the camera immediately next to the housing with a couple of inches. I thought that adjusting the degree of angle at night would produce enough IR for reflection of the plate and the dame would already be in the night mode.

Am I right in my thinking? No special infrared is needed correct?

Thank you to anyone is advance for your help

One more thing about the Messoa License Plate Camera. The specs list the IR as 70 meters (225 feet), 850nm and a 50 degree angle.

Can I use an infrared illuminator that has 40 to 50 degrees, 200 feet and most importantly has to to be 850nm?

The spot where we be viewing is maybe 150 feet to 180 feet. 225 is not needed.