ASZ

Cantonk NVR's

Hi all

I have seen a few comments about a supplier in China called Cantonk (sister company to Longse). I have used their products for a while now, analogue camera's and DVR's, and have found them to be fairly reliable. Very reasonable prices and provide you accept that around 5% need to be replaced under warranty, then you can make a decent profit.

Cantonk have just released NVR's and IP camera's, and I am having all sorts of troubles with the NVR's. Motion recordings stop all by themselves - but just on some of the channels, and some of their model IP cameras cannot be seen by the NVR.

My question is - has anyone else tried the NVR/IP range they produce and how satisfactory have you found them?

Regards

Russell

Hello Russell

I must admit that recently in my company we struggle and exprience a lot of problems and complains reported by our customers regarding the products supplied by mentioned chinesse manufacturer. Now its over a year since we started with their IP range products. At the begining it was all OK. They had fully functional 4 & 9 & 16 CH NVRs and compatible cameras with motion detection onboard. But one day they decided not to sell those cams any longer and propose a new model which was not fully compatible to their NVRs (no motion detection). Few weeks later they propose a new series NVRs (much simplier and not fully functional with their old nor new cam models). It took them a month or two to implement motion detection on those new NVR series. Now motion works but its very simple - its not valid to select motion area nor to compose mixed daaily recording schedule. The are some other functional bugs already reported to their RnD so we are waiting for improvements.

If You wish to discuss about any details please contact me in PW.

Regards

rtech