dave1983

Sample maintenance contract / topics

Hello, I have a client who wants a maintenance contract and I'm a bit lost, does anyone have a basic maintenance contract template to get me started?

I told her it would cost about 10% of the total project price per year, and that it includes 2-4 visits per year for cleaning, adjustments, etc. and a discount labor rate. I clearly mentioned that it does not extend the equipment warranty. What do you guys think about this?

Are your maintenance contracts several pages long explaining everything in detail or just 1-2 pages in estimate/quote format?

P.S.: I have searched the forum, and I know there are a few threads regarding maintenance contracts, I just haven't seen the specifics that I need help with.

THANKS!

Hello, I have a client who wants a maintenance contract and I'm a bit lost, does anyone have a basic maintenance contract template to get me started?

I told her it would cost about 10% of the total project price per year, and that it includes 2-4 visits per year for cleaning, adjustments, etc. and a discount labor rate. I clearly mentioned that it does not extend the equipment warranty. What do you guys think about this?

Are your maintenance contracts several pages long explaining everything in detail or just 1-2 pages in estimate/quote format?

P.S.: I have searched the forum, and I know there are a few threads regarding maintenance contracts, I just haven't seen the specifics that I need help with.

THANKS!

Cleaning? Adjustments? what are you talking about? Does she not own a soft cloth? are the cameras mounted really high?

Cleaning? Adjustments? what are you talking about? Does she not own a soft cloth? are the cameras mounted really high?

Yes, the cameras are mounted at least 10ft high, and some about 16ft. I wouldn't expect the customer to clean them. I have seen spider webs in all installations so far (only visible at night).

Those were examples for a customer to understand, I understand that maintenance entails a lot more than just cleaning and adjusting. I just want to hear from experienced installers like yourself what is that you sell in such contracts and what it's covered.

Yes, the cameras are mounted at least 10ft high, and some about 16ft. I wouldn't expect the customer to clean them. I have seen spider webs in all installations so far (only visible at night).

Those were examples for a customer to understand, I understand that maintenance entails a lot more than just cleaning and adjusting. I just want to hear from experienced installers like yourself what is that you sell in such contracts and what it's covered.

If there is a spider problem, 2-4 times per year is not going to help....she will be better off with one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Evriholder-HR-STD-Hi-Reach-Cleaning-Extension/dp/B000ICRLHK/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1427160979&sr=1-2&keywords=extension+cleaning+kit

If you are not offering a warranty repair with that contract, you are basically selling a cleaning service

If you are not offering a warranty repair with that contract, you are basically selling a cleaning service

Thanks for your reply. Regarding repairs, I plan on including a discounted labor rate and probably equipment at cost, is that what your maintenance contracts offer?

Here is what I drawed up since I too didn't have any help in this area.. so anyone's feed back would be apreciated on what I have done and if you have any suggestions ect...

Feature

Silver Gold Platinum

Office Availability, via phone 24/7/365, 24/7/365, 24/7/365

Technician Call Back Guarantee

(normal Business hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm)

12 hrs. normal business hours; 6 hrs.,24/7/365, 4 hrs.

24/7/365

Technician On-Site Response 24 hours 16 hours 8 hours

Routine Software Support & Periodic Updates

X X X

Priority Lead Time for Replacement Parts

X X

Annualized contract, invoiced monthly

X X X

Covers inside wiring x x x

Preventative Maintenance Program X X

Standard Hourly Technician Rate

(service only plan) 60% discount on labor rate and NO trip charge. x X

Replacement Parts Service

Replacement Parts (up to $1,500.00 per year) X

Remote Viewing Capabilities Included x x x

SERVICE PLANS

BASIC SERVICE PLAN ONLY X X

SERVICE & PARTS Included Plan X

$20.00 $35.00 $50.00

I know its hard to read on here cause i have it as a table template on my contract along with a 3 pages explaining the ins and outs of it.

Hey Beesafellc, would you be willing to share your conract/maintenance/service agreement? Would appreciate it greatly!