Sign in to follow this  
chavito

HELP!!! LOREX OR SWANN

hi, everyone. I am trying to set up a camera system on my house. I am undecided to what system i should get. I am new to all this, i really do not know anything about brands and camera systems. I do know that i want the NVR system because of easy set up. I am looking at the following systems. Any help i will really appreciated. My budget is $1000 or less for a 4 camera system. Thank you.

http://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-4-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100146086.html

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-HDD-and-4-1080p-Cameras.product.100153164.html

First off, as a professional, I'm really against the kits, but let's see what they are offering.

They are both pretty much the same package, with no major difference.

Both offer 4 bullet cameras, both are 1080p, both 8 channel DVRs with POE (Power over Ethernet)

The Lorex offers about 15 more feet of range in night vision, though both offer over 100 feet.

The difference will be in the companies and usability of the apps and DVR.

They both have QR codes for easy setup, and both seem pretty even on that front as well. You would be okay going with either, but I would just go with the Lorex if it was my decision because it is so much cheaper.

There is nothing wrong with these kits...

The swann kit is a rebranded hikvision NVR with the hikvision 2032 bullets.

The lorex kit is rebranded dahua....

Both will be fine for your needs.