andybear

Can't view Hikvision DS-7200 DVR on local wifi network

Terrance you a legend!! That worked first time, I'm now logged into the DVR via my laptop. Amazing thanks for your patience, thanks to everyone else for helping to.

It's crazy that Hikvision does not include those instructions in the manual.

Great, glad you got it solved.

There are some very educational documents on the internet how DCHP works and how the client and Router (DHCP server) interact.

In short, when you have a laptop, phone, tablet, DVR and it is configured for DHCP (or Not static), it sends the DHCP server a request for an IP address. Assuming your server (or router) is set to use DHCP, it returns an IP address. I think there is another step in there where the two confirm the IP address,, but that is how I understand it to work.

You had the static IP address specified, but also the enable DHCP so your router likely was assigning it a different IP address. Or maybe there was confusion on the DVR end because it had a static IP and also the router tried to assign it one.

I learned something new, I like trying to help other people troubleshoot things.

Unfortunately these lower end surveillance systems are rough around the collar. They seem to be reliable but hard to get setup because of the bugs and poor documentation.

good day to you

i have also the same issue. i wasn't able to connect to the browser and even i tried pinging the IP address of the DRV (DS-7200 series) and saying "destination host unreachable" error.

i have already changed the IP address with the same range of the gateway but still no success. i have tried changing the cables and router port connection still no success.

i've got the gateway when type ipconfig to the command prompt.

IP Address: 192.168.254.110

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.254.254

one thing i have noticed that when i ping the 192.168.254.110 it shows me like this

reply from 192.168.254.101: destination host unreachable.

can u please assist me on this please.

hoping for your understanding the quick response.

Regards