Sign in to follow this  
neilmcmillanuk

XVision XC720BNP Issues

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a XVision XC720BNP camera in order to view number plates on a private road.

I purchased this as it was noted as having "Smart IR, High Light Compensation, Manual Shutter Control & WDR for Day or Night viewing of Number Plates".

I'm having a couple of issues, starting with the WDR - is it supposed to be open or closed as I'm getting conflicting answers from different people within the company we purchased it from.

The second issue is more pressing, as the supplier keeps discussing the BLC adjustment, which will easily sort the headlight glare, however it doesn't appear in the menu. I've attached an image from the XVision manual which shows the screen I am faced with and also a key to the functions, however BLC isn't there.

295097_1.jpg

Has anyone has previous experience with this issue at all? I'm wondering if I have an older camera model or if the firmware can be updated on the camera?

I would really appreciate anyone's help with my problem, or even what settings (based on the attached image) I should use to get the best results.

Thanks Again.