Mr. Anonymous

Network Cam Capture Method?

I currently use analog box cameras with an analog to digital capture device via USB. I have been looking into IP cameras that go on my network and I have a question.

Do network cameras have their capture device built in? This seems like a better solution to bottlenecking these box cams: digital cmos > analog output and cable > analog USB capture device > back to digital.

With network cams I assume it is: digital cmos > digital capture > digital network output?

I currently use analog box cameras with an analog to digital capture device via USB. I have been looking into IP cameras that go on my network and I have a question.

Do network cameras have their capture device built in? This seems like a better solution to bottlenecking these box cams: digital cmos > analog output and cable > analog USB capture device > back to digital.

With network cams I assume it is: digital cmos > digital capture > digital network output?

A network camera has an ethernet interface, so yes it's digital. And many of them are also powered over the same ethernet cable. They can plug right into an existing LAN.