dragonass

Stuck with GEN4 Hughesnet HOW CAN I VIEW CAMERAS HELP!!!!

I was unaware of the no static ip available with gen4 until I was well beyond the trial period so I am stuck in stupid contract and there aren't any other options currently where I live for internet. But from what ive been reading on the net it sounds almost impossible to work around this

however I know there are a lot of smarter than me people out there so please help me

what do I need to do in order to be able to access my cameras?????

Hughesnet is absolutely horrible !!! Ive never seen a company work so hard at NOT having customers. Their customer service is just a bad bad joke. I was told I would have to upgrade to a business package and that since im already in a contract with my new gen4 I would have to pay the early termination fees and then the new set up and installation fees for the business package which besides the fees and installation my monthly bill would go up by $20

Im not sure , I know I am unable to do port forwarding with the hughesnet modem so I thought that made me unable to use those services.

Well no modem does port forwarding, that is handled at the router. Are you saying that Hughes blocks non-standard ports?

I suggest starting here:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

and here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28373038-how-to-port-forwarding-with-hughes-satellite-internet

there are also TONS of posts on this forum about port forwarding and I have drawn pictures in some of them, so do a few searches and post back if you have issues. ... good luck!

the gen4 hughesnet does not have any open ports nor does it allow port forwarding it does however give ipv6 addresses from what ive read

I just went through a similar issue with Dish / DirecTV. No way to open or forward ports.

I installed LogMeIn Hamachi (free for up to 5 network nodes) and set up a "Gateway"network with the PC at the far end where the Satellite ISP is. You have to create a Gateway Network, as opposed to their Mesh or Spoke and Wheel. The other computers will need hamachi installed and joined to that network.

When you do this, you can logon to the IP cams as thought they are local. One of my cameras is 192.168.1.201 port 37201. I also have similarly addresses IP cams at each node. So to reach my camera, I simply address it as 10.40.1.201 Hamachi knows that it is really 192.186 on the other end.

So in a web browser, I see the IP Cam streams nicely.

The problem I have yet to figure out is how to deal with the ports. PSS software requires a port. Cannot be blank. I have tried 80, 85, and the actual port of 37201 to no avail.

At this time the success is seeing the IP cams through a web browser.

If you or anyone else can help get the port setting issue worked, we would have complete success.

--------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------

I was able to get the cams online with the software with ports forwarded in the router.

I upgraded firmware and rebooted router, so that is mostly solved.

The next issue I came across was using the same scheme on a different PC to access the same 2 cameras. Duplicating the setup did not work. I have tried different / new ports and that hasn't worked. I can access cams one a single PC thus far with the PSS software, or any number of PC's with web browser as long as they are part of my Hamachi Network.

Good Luck!