falconmp

Problems Setting Up Remote Viewing

I am trying to set up our DVR system for remote viewing.

Currently I can see the cameras via the SmartPSS program as long as I am on the same network as the cameras. When I switch to our other network to view them remotely and use the external static IP and port 37777 it will not connect. I have forwarded the ports via the router, tried every combination of ip address and port set up on Smart PSS. Any feedback is appreciated.

Additionally, I cannot connect even if I'm on the same network through the web interface. The cameras appear with x's on them and there is a puzzle piece icon on the screen. Do I need some sort of flash plugin?

Any advice?

I know for mine, it only works on internet explorer, I get the puzzle piece icon in google chrome and firefox. I used to have a similar problem but it was only because it was set on substream by default so it connected fine after setting it on mainstream.

Edit: I also had to disable DHCP on my DVR, as well as using a different IP address for the service port and making sure the IP address on the DVR matches the one forwarded on the router.

P.S I'm no expert but I hope my past experience can help you.