Sign in to follow this  
Nito

Designing a Home Security system

Hi All,

I'm a home owner and will be installing a Home CCTV. My Vender is LTS and looking for design input.

Situation: I have a malicious neighbor problem and would like to get physical evidence so that I can get a Court Order. The subject is a known vandal and knows how not to get caught.

Due to his experience, I am considering using hidden or covert cameras to record footage. My vender is suggesting a small dome camera with additional lighting. This would only work in one area and need additional solutions for other areas of the property.

Thanks in advance Nito

And this is the problem with neighbour disputes. As you have realised a camers have limited coverage (make that very limited if you want detailed footage) and there are probably another 300 areas on your perimeter for entry. The other main issue is that this is likely to escalate things rather than solve them. There is not a camera invented that will get past a hoodie & sungalsses. I wish you luck but your best option would be to give him a beer and have a talk.

Unfortunately, that won't work. I used to be friends with him before I realised he was the one performing the Vandalism. He liked\s to brag and would tell me stories about his acts; assaulting someone, switching license plates, ...

His Vandalism got worse after he lost his job due to an arrest. He's been working for cash but brags about his cars, boat, ... Recently, his wife through him out but that does not mean he does not come around.

After you cover the basics of the home your situation might require some animal type game cameras. These can be moved at random. Making them more difficult to avoid. Game cameras do require recharge and manually moving the data to review. They are independent and can be placed very randomly.