Hi, its been a long time since I have posted here but I have decided its time to change over from analog systems to ip , so after searching for a long time to find cameras and nvr's to suit my criteria I have finally settled with Zmodo. I have ordered several cameras and 2x nvr's to test , the results are not good.

camera ZH-IXA15-WAC

Cameras stop streaming with error"the camera is closed for stream's wrong"

When I try to re open "this device cannot be connected"

The camera reverts randomly to default password

The camera will not record on scheduled or motion detect (even though the sd card is recognized on "storage management")

When configuring the settings , "motion alarm" reverts back to "sunday" after being set to "all" (days)

"Storage Management-video plans" reverts back to "schedule" from "motion"

Almost all of the above problems occur with camera ZB-IBH13-P also.

Any Ideas ? Dominic.

Has anyone had any experience with Zmodo cameras/nvr's , I have searched on the internet and haven't seen any negative comments . I know they are a low priced product but that doesn't mean they shouldn't work. The requirements I need are wide angle lens ( around 80' to 90' ) , edge recording , remote view and remote playback , and motion detect , and of course reasonably priced . The interface needs to be simple for my clients. Is their software/ firmware so bad or am I doing something wrong, I have already emailed them a few days ago but still no reply.

I recently returned 3 of the ZH-IXB15-WAC units that woot was selling. They were complete hunks of crap That being said I think they were relatively new and maybe zmodo would have released firmware updates to make them less crappy. Who knows. I think Wifi cameras just don't work that well period.

I was wondering the same thing about their wired solutions though.

I checked around and really not much about them at all but appears to sell very low end cameras from China. I have not had good success using cameras in this price range, they don't last, they have poor optics, little to no support, immature firmware. If you are OK with this, some people have had good experience with Dericam. Also understand that when you don't have anything decent to compare to, what you have does not look so bad.

Thanks for the reply's guys, They finally got back to me with ridiculous suggestions to solve the problems, I tried some of them but then decided I'm not going to be a test engineer for them any more , so I have boxed the stuff up and its going back to China , Hope I get my money back (total including taxes and import duty 790 Euro)

Some people say well you get what you pay for , well I didn't , I expect to get exactly what I pay for and that includes what's on the spec. sheet.

I have ordered ONE camera from a German Manufacturer " INSTAR " It fits the criteria that I need , Lets see how that goes.

Dominic

Update ... DON'T BUY ZMODO IP CAMERAS ... Well nothing has changed, no firmware updates or software updates , I asked for a RMA number to return the goods ( or should I say bad's) but they would not give me one . They didn't even refund me the money for a mini NVR kit with 2x cameras which I ordered and paid for but cancelled because they said that it was not ready yet as it was unstable ! ( well at least they were honest about that ) but they kept the money !

I had the misfortune to order direct from China so returning goods or getting refunds becomes difficult.

I need all these cameras to operate on motion detection so they are useless to me.

I hope this post serves as a warning to others , don't just buy from the spec. sheet, although the video quality was quite good on the ZH-IXA15-WAC, pity i couldn't record it to show you

This is a common problem for people starting out with IP cams. The specs look good and the prices are low, but you don't realize how important software and support are until you get the cams and spend weeks struggling with them.

Definitely worth sticking with the common name brands with lots of community support!

Agreed. Their cameras are ok for monitoring quality. But, the NVR needs a lot of work and the interface is very lacking. If their alerts and uploading worked then I would be all set for using it as remote monitoring station.

Update ... DON'T BUY ZMODO IP CAMERAS ... Well nothing has changed, no firmware updates or software updates , I asked for a RMA number to return the goods ( or should I say bad's) but they would not give me one . They didn't even refund me the money for a mini NVR kit with 2x cameras which I ordered and paid for but cancelled because they said that it was not ready yet as it was unstable ! ( well at least they were honest about that ) but they kept the money !

I had the misfortune to order direct from China so returning goods or getting refunds becomes difficult.

I need all these cameras to operate on motion detection so they are useless to me.

I hope this post serves as a warning to others , don't just buy from the spec. sheet, although the video quality was quite good on the ZH-IXA15-WAC, pity i couldn't record it to show you

My first CCTV system was a ZModo DVR and cameras, analog, they sucked. I eventually bought GadSpot cameras to plug into the existing Zmodo DVR, it worked and they were a big improvement over the included "kit" cameras.

Now I bought Hikvision, it was like going from a kid's toy to the real thing without spending a zillion dollars. Now I have Megapixel cameras, greatly improved functionality, good night vision, firmware that gets updated. It is a world of difference. Plus expansion to multiple DVRs/NVRs, Zmodo's CMS software would be incompatible with other models of ZMODO DVRS, junk, so each model Rev had its own CMS software package.

I would not bother with anything from ZModo, Gadspot or any of the junk brands, the headaches just are not worth saving a few pennies

Anybody have any experience and comments on QVIS software as supplied by Adata Limited. I know most of their products are Dahau original but they claim to have this in-house QVIS VMS