teejmiller

Questions about flashing Hikvision firmware on rebranded cam

I know quite a few of you have experience flashing firmwares on the cameras that hikvision sells to other companies to rebrand such as Swann, LTS, LaView, etc.

I picked up a pair of LaView LV-CDP6014 ONVIF-S HD IP 1.3 MP from NewEgg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0XR-0084-00027

These seem to be the DS-2CD2112-I model, rebranded with generic firmware:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=7327

I know this camera, and the LTS branded camera share the same firmware with the "Platinum IP Camera" logo instead of hikvision, but same exact interface.

The software on this camera is:

Firmware: V5.0.0 130819

Encoding: V4.0 build 130411

I have seen people have success, just wanted to take a shot in the dark and see if anyone has successfully upgraded this model before I create a $150 brick.

Thanks!

I took the risk and upgraded, and it worked perfectly!

I downloaded the 'raptor' 5.1.2 software and flashed through the web portal. It changed the logo hikvision branding and retained the LaView model information, but upgraded the device to the latest firmware.

Firmware Version V5.1.2 build 140116

Encoding Version V5.0 build 140110

Greetings,

I have the same camera and it works great with short cables and horribly with long cables that have small ammounts of loss 5%. I have tried to follow your link and it is no longer availible. I tried searching the hikvision support site and the model you referenced is not listed, there is on that is very close but it has audio.

Can you tell me where I could get the file or maybe could I use the one you downloaded?