Brenning

Hikvision - analyse archive footage

Hi All,

I have a 2cd2032 camera and have captured an attempted break in. The individual involved seemed to know exactly where he was going / what he was doing etc. so I want to see if he has been before to check out the property. My camera records to a windows server using the NFS method and is set to continuously record. I have around 6 weeks of previous footage. Is there any software out there that I can pop on my server that can analyse the previous recorded footage looking for motion detection (pixel based I assume) ? It's worth pointing out that the server's CPU sits around idling at the moment so anything CPU intense is not an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Brenning

Check out safe motion:

http://www.securamente.com/como-detectar-movimiento-en-una-grabacion-de-video/

But you will have to export all the video, and then process it. I think it will take you ages.

You do not have motion detection setup on the camera?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'll check that software out. As mentioned previously the camera records continuously and I would like to go back and analyse the recorded footage for motion.

EDIT: That software is in Spanish so no help whatsoever lol. Must be in English

EDIT: That software is in Spanish so no help whatsoever lol. Must be in English

The software is in english. The guide I linked you to is in spanish

Thanks for the info, I checked it out but it has no GUI which I think is really required for this kind of thing i.e previewing to check its working etc.

Well, it is not required. But for all I care, if you do not even bother trying, I surely won't bother either wasting my time, since I am not the one interested.

Good luck, I am out of here.

Well, it is not required. But for all I care, if you do not even bother trying, I surely won't bother either wasting my time, since I am not the one interested.

Good luck, I am out of here.

Hi,

Thankyou very much for that. For your information I did actually try installing it.

To anyone who's interested, I may have found some software that will do this called Amped Five (2012 version onwards). Still researching and trying to get a free trial of it to test.