Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

switch or router that uses pure poe power without adaptor

I finally able to test running two NVRs on 1 ip cam. It works. What happens is that second NVR setting overrides that of first so whichever power on last will dictate the ip cam setting used (such as resolution).

Now that I see one advantage of IP cam over the analogs. (Hdcvi, Hdtvi, Ahd). I have one question.

I have 2 ip cams on a floor without any power supply. Is there a poe switch or router where the power supplied doesn't come from any adaptor but from the lan cable itself? My ip cams is only between 5 to 6 watts.. Assuming the cable can supply 12 watts. How do I use it to power the switch or router and have 2 ip cams plugged into it? I want to use the second cable for my second backup NVR so need to split it. So called POE splitter still needs adapter power. I can no longer add any wires because I have to remove all wires from the pipes and it is very costly.

HP 1810G-8 (J9449a) is a POE powered switch. They are only POE powered though, they themselves do not provide POE power for further connected devices.