I have 3 dahua NVRs and the same result. When I enabled the IPC Offline alarm in the Alarm section, and removed an IPC, it is supposed to trigger (because it got offline), right? But it didn't trigger in the 3 NVRs. If you own any Dahua NVR. Please try it too.

So if the IPC Offline Alarm doesn't detect an ipc that is removed (hence offline). What is the purpose of it? Is it possible for a camera to be connected but offline? How?

I have 3 dahua NVRs and the same result. When I enabled the IPC Offline alarm in the Alarm section, and removed an IPC, it is supposed to trigger (because it got offline), right? But it didn't trigger in the 3 NVRs. If you own any Dahua NVR. Please try it too.

So if the IPC Offline Alarm doesn't detect an ipc that is removed (hence offline). What is the purpose of it? Is it possible for a camera to be connected but offline? How?

Oh. I discovered something. IPC Offline Alarm will work if it the ip cams are located in separate external switches or routers. If the cameras are connected to the NVR internal POE ports.. it can't detect if they become offline (or the IPC Offline Alarm will not trigger). Anyone has ideas why? and what settings to adjust so it can detect its own POE ports and trigger the IPC Offline Alarm?

Oh. I discovered something. IPC Offline Alarm will work if it the ip cams are located in separate external switches or routers. If the cameras are connected to the NVR internal POE ports.. it can't detect if they become offline (or the IPC Offline Alarm will not trigger). Anyone has ideas why? and what settings to adjust so it can detect its own POE ports and trigger the IPC Offline Alarm?

I discovered the reason why the IPC Offline alarm doesn't get triggered when you connect your cameras to the internal poe switch. It's because the moment you removed the cameras.. the entry in the Search cameras menu disappear so it's like you didn't have any camera at all and the offline doesn't get trigger.. but putting them in external switches can retain the entry to trigger the alarm. I have now to look for expensive switches to to make it. But doesn't anyone know by chance how to make the search menu retain the entries even when you removed the camera from the unit internal poe switches?

I discovered the reason why the IPC Offline alarm doesn't get triggered when you connect your cameras to the internal poe switch. It's because the moment you removed the cameras.. the entry in the Search cameras menu disappear so it's like you didn't have any camera at all and the offline doesn't get trigger.. but putting them in external switches can retain the entry to trigger the alarm. I have now to look for expensive switches to to make it. But doesn't anyone know by chance how to make the search menu retain the entries even when you removed the camera from the unit internal poe switches?

First, try unpluging the camera end, but leaving the etherent plugged in at the NVR...

If that doesnt work and you want to use a switch...the dont have to expensive...this 45 dollar switch is more than adequate.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435368611&sr=8-1&keywords=tp+link+poe

First, try unpluging the camera end, but leaving the etherent plugged in at the NVR...

If that doesnt work and you want to use a switch...the dont have to expensive...this 45 dollar switch is more than adequate.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008P-100Mbps-8-Port-802-3af/dp/B003CFATT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435368611&sr=8-1&keywords=tp+link+poe

It doesn't work. Dahua must do a firmware upgrade to disable automatic poe detection and removal.. or what use would be the IPC Offline Alarm?

Don't you guys use this feature? If anyone steal any of the cameras.. the NVR will dial gsm alarm module that will notify me security has be bridged.

It doesn't work. Dahua must do a firmware upgrade to disable automatic poe detection and removal.. or what use would be the IPC Offline Alarm?

Don't you guys use this feature? If anyone steal any of the cameras.. the NVR will dial gsm alarm module that will notify me security has be bridged.

Cameras are very rarely stolen...sometimes the cut the connections.....in most instances its not a priority....it may be a setting you are missing I dont know...

Cameras are very rarely stolen...sometimes the cut the connections.....in most instances its not a priority....it may be a setting you are missing I dont know...

My cameras and NVR are in an unattended building. If they cut the connections.. I'd be informed by text via the IPC Offline Alarm function and gsm dialer.. but this only works using external poe switch. But using the internal poe switch.. the moments you cut the connection.. the camera entry in the search menu vanishes and no alarm is triggered.. please try and share how you can retain the camara entry by actually trying it. My vault housing my NVR has tight space left for external poe ports because the heat generated inside is only channeled out using a small fan so I need a few components as possible.

Hi

It has passed more than a year after last reply to this post but because this problem still exists (at least for me!) I'm going to share a workaround I found:

1-Go To SETUP>IMAGE>REMOTE DEVICE

2*-Disconnect all IPCams from device's POE and wait till all of them vanish from the list. (if they don't, press REFRESH button)

3-Click on "MANUAL ADD" button.

4**-Starting from IP:10.1.1.65 PORT:37777 add as much as devices that your NVR accepts (Increase last number of IP by one for each new device you add).

5-Connect your cameras and they will take place in places you previously defined and there will be no free channels available for device to automatically add the attached devices (and therefore there won't be any duplicated devices).

6-Now if you enable "IPC Offline Ararm" for any of cameras, it would work perfectly because you have defined camera profiles manually and because they are "MANUAL PROFILES" they won't disappear once you disconnect the camera.

NOTES:

*-If you do not disconnect all cameras first, you won't be able to add -for example- 8 manual profiles for 8channel NVR! Because you need all manual profiles and device wont let you add more than max number of channels based on your device model and some of them are already taken by profiles automatically added because of connected cameras. So disconnect them all first.

**-you must manually add as much device as possible because if you don't, NVR will create a duplicated new profile for that camera and by adding all possible profiles manually you prevent this automatic action. It means if your NVR is 4ch you should create manually 4 profiles, if 32 you should create 32 profiles. Otherwise you will have two profiles for each camera you connect. One manual and one automatic.

Finally thanks to "SHDES" because his/her findings acted as foundation for this solution.

If you find this solution useful let us know and make us happy.

Good luck

1.jpg.6a64ef7d83b65cdb98644263ac8d654e.jpg

2.jpg.806e1952440c1e93c0a01febc0fd5646.jpg

3.jpg.2a99ebff2e0e73644cac37669bb561c8.jpg