Sign in to follow this  
stevealbright

Lorex LNR280 to Hikvision frimware?

I recently purchased a Hikvision cam and I it seems that I need to get Hikvision firmware on my Lorex NVR. There is currently no way to get around this due to the password requirements and no current support from Lorex for Hikvision cameras.

From what I have read, the LNR280 is the same hardware as DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P. I am not 100% sure on this and have tried multiple versions of this firmware. I get the same result from v3.3.6, 3.3.4 and 3.0.5, which is on the first load after reboot, I see a Hikvision startup screen, then it eventually shows a blank screen. It still gets video out but nothing displays but black. Using iVMS-4200, I see nothing but if I plug into a POE port along with the cameras, I do see the cameras fine. I also noticed no nic lights are on the main wan port (not sure if that is normal or not).

Can anyone link a working US Hikvision firmware for me to try? Can anyone confirm one that works?

btw, I am using a tool on my mac, that is simular to the uptool: https://github.com/scottlamb/hikvision-tftpd

So it seems I have been using the wrong firmware. I have successfully setup DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_V2.3.11_150625 on my LNR280. I have not had time to setup the cameras yet but will make sure that all works tonight.