pubquiz1

Any recommendations for an additional camera?

Hi All

I have 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS dome cams connected to a Hik DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR

When I first installed the system at my home about 18 months ago I had trouble with having to regularly press the reset button on the cams as they would randomly stop working for no apparent reason even after trying new cables ..re routing etc etc.

Then suddenly without me actually doing anything (that I was aware of anyway) they all started behaving themselves and have been great for at least a full year now with 100% reliabilty (hope I haven't jinxed them now )

ANYWAY I want to add another cam now (wish I had bought 4 at 1st) and wondered on any suitable one to add.

I am perfectly satisfied with the ones I have but on searching for a 2132 now they have incresed in price quite a lot and are much harder to find...alot of sites are saying the 2135 is a 'replacement' and although much more readily available and cheaper on reading up it seems they may well have chinese firmware and dont seem as good a spec as the 2132...same applies to the 3132..ie only 2 axis adjustment.

SO are there any other alternatives with UK firmware/language...any make will do...with an equivalent or better spec than the 2132 that will be fully compatible with the DS-7604NI-SE/P NVR?...the cams I have now are 4mm but fancy getting a 2mm as the extra FOV would be handy for what I have in mind for this additional one but 4mm would be ok.....nothing more complicated to set up than the 2132 as it took me ages to get my head round that

Have found a couple of 2132's from supposedly UK sellers for about £90 although they dont have an S at the end so are non mic capable...though to be honest this wouldnt be a prob as I have never got round to micing up the others.

So would I be best just getting another 2132 or what other options have you guys tried?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Tom