dnsource

Upgrade needed. Need some advice!

I've had my Avtech Avc756 setup for about 5 years and I think its time for an upgrade. I'm not happy with the user interface and software available for this system. What would you guys recommend I do?

263950_1.jpg

263950_2.jpg

are you happy with the video quality of the cameras?

No I'm not. The image is not as clear as I would like. I need all the help I could get

Two options...

1) use the old coax cables and use HD over analog technology like HDCVI from dahua.

2) Run new ethernet cable and use HD ip cameras.

Both will give you MUCH better picture quality but the ip cameras will be more flexable and easier to upgrade in the future...

There are lots of posts on both..

Two options...

1) use the old coax cables and use HD over analog technology like HDCVI from dahua.

2) Run new ethernet cable and use HD ip cameras.

Both will give you MUCH better picture quality but the ip cameras will be more flexible and easier to upgrade in the future...

There are lots of posts on both..

I'm going with the second option. I tried doing a search but I'm new to this and dont even know where to start. I need a good 8 channel dvr (is ip system considered a "dvr"?) with user friendly menus and mobile access. Next step would be choosing the right cameras for each area of the home.

If you are new to think then start reading up on it...make sure you use quality solid cable, not copper clad aluminum...buy from a reputable place like monoprice...

As far as cameras you may be better of with a complete kit from costco...

http://www.costco.com/Swann-16-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-3TB-HDD-and-8-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100144938.html

It uses hikvision cameras and NVR...

If you are new to think then start reading up on it...make sure you use quality solid cable, not copper clad aluminum...buy from a reputable place like monoprice...

http://www.costco.com/Swann-16-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-3TB-HDD-and-8-3MP-HD-IP-Cameras.product.100144938.html

Thanks boogieman! Are you talking about the cat 5 cable (quality solid cable)? I'm going to check out the reviews on that system and cameras. I'm looking for detailed footage

Yes solid copper cat5....you may even want to run cat6..the price difference is insignificant...buy it from monoprice...

The sale ends on the 25th..you can always return..there are lots of samples of that system..the camera is a hikvision 2032...

You can build your own system but if you dont know much about networking it may be challenging ...also with costco you can return it anytime and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=43543&p=261526#p261526

Yes solid copper cat5....you may even want to run cat6..the price difference is insignificant...buy it from monoprice...

The sale ends on the 25th..you can always return..there are lots of samples of that system..the camera is a hikvision 2032...

You can build your own system but if you dont know much about networking it may be challenging ...also with costco you can return it anytime and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=43543&p=261526#p261526

I was going to look for a local installer since my time is limited. That's why I don't mind building a system..

If I do go with the Costco system.. Would I be able to upgrade the cameras in the future?

An example of the wuality of my current setup

264097_1.png

264097_2.png

264097_3.png

264097_4.png

Edited by Guest

I just ordered this system today. I think that it has 16 channel, but only 8 are PoE.