Sign in to follow this  
RobAberdeen

NVR Dahua clone with FW NVR4xxx & romfs-x.cramfs.img ISSUE

Hi all of YOU!!

I am trying to rebuild romfs-x.cramfs.img to get my local language

if anybody could help me it would be great

Original FW (General_NVR4xxx_Eng_PN_V3.200.0000.9.R.20150529.bin) for NVR Dahua Clone 4xxx you can download from this link: http://gofile.me/2NRV3/P15Ws9WA

So,

I researched that fw consists from a few .img files which every part of it I can upload using RS232.

The two files are important :

custom-x.cramfs.img and romfs-x.cramfs.img and thay can be upload to NVR by rs232 using the commends: run dc and run dr

well.....I think until now everything is clear.....

From these two files I am interested the most in romfs-x.cramfs.img (inside this img thre is i .txt file where you can change the language).

so when I upload just extracted but untuchable file romfs-x.cramfs.img from firmware using command: run dr romfs-x.cramfs.img THE NVR start to work great. It works as new one.....but it is not enaugh for me......

when I extract the file: romfs-x.cramfs.img (to get inside and to change languagefile) I can not build the image properly back and finally NVR does'nt work.

I tried to analyze how it should be build.

First of all I know that main folder must be compressed mksquashfs with parameters -lzma (I tried also with -gzip) in order to get file:

romfs-x.cramfs.sqsh

Then I made image from romfs-x.cramfs.sqsh

so I used mkimage with parameters:

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C gzip -a a0060000 -e a0ce0000 -n "3535romfs" -d romfs-x.cramfs.sqsh romfs-x.cramfs.img

...finally I have again the file romfs-x.cramfs.img

To check that my file is built the same as original untachable img I used the command:

mkimage -l romfs-x.cramfs.img (for both images - original an maine) and I got the same result for both - see the attachment mkimage-l

At the end I tried to upload my image using again RS232 by command run dr romfs-x.cramfs.img and.........file is uploaded without any problem, is geting to be extracted and etc , than NVR make self-reset (everything goes normally until now) - see the attachment hangs

and

THE NVR doesnt want to get running up.

When I use the original romfs-x.cramfs.img we have the same situation with the info Uncompressing linux....done, booting the kernel and after 10-15 second NVR works great (you can control it locally or by web) but when i use my .img the nvr hang up and after one minute it try to boot again and again.

Could anyone help me how this romfs-x.cramfs.img should be rebuild properly.

Thanks of All

Robert

PS . I tried to rebuild the image using mksquashfs and mkimage with three distributions of linux: Fedora 22-3, Ubuntu 15 and Ubuntu 10.10

mkimage-l.PNG.eb2f42e1357bfe04d32718e27d38345c.PNG

hangs.PNG.a9d2b711fa0e923caa546af3e16c8473.PNG