johnsloa

Honeywell HRDP Help

I have a Honeywell HRDP8D250 and I can't get into the setup menu to get to the important settings!

I obtained it 100% legally but I can not get past the "ADMIN" password. In the manual, it states the default pass is "". So I"m thinking that means "NOTHING" at all in the password field??? I read that updating the firmware will default the password to ? A friend of mine became a Honeywell Dealer and asked them how to reset the pass for me. He was told just that, updating the firmware WILL reset the password to ! So he DL'ed and sent me the files, I unzipped them, put them on a formatted flash drive! The DVR says it's updating to "2.3" but the version is "HRDP_dvr_upgrade_2.5.7.53-3.0.0.86" and after the process is successfully complete, I try the "" password and it WILL NOT work!

Is it a problem with the DVR thinking it's ver 2.3 and it's really 2.5.7.......???

I can get past the "SUPERUSER" login by leaving the pass blank, but that doesn't give me any privileges.

I also got into a "USER" account before, I don't know how, and there were a few PTZ setup options, but not the main ones!

I also tried, when the ADMIN login is on the screen, the "AUTH" is ADMIN. and the "ID" is admin, I tried to highlight the admin and hit enter. It changes to "stu" though that doesn't help any!

I have tried it many times! MANY times, HA! And other things, including trying every combination of passwords I can do! I'M STUCK!

Please help or point me in the right direction! I NEED HELP!

Thanks so much!

John