Sign in to follow this  
SteveW10

Lorry CCTV

I drive a lorry and it came with 4 cameras facing all directions, the set up seems pretty nice, with a viewing screen which shows all 4 cameras, unless in reverse or indicating left, which switches the screen to the relevant blind spots.

Anyway, 8 months later I had a need to see the recordings, when I checked the SD cards (which are UHS 3) they have all the recordings in date order, each camera separate and timed. But the recordings are all corrupt. They have recorded in 264 format, which I have converted and also viewed with VLC and they are all exactly the same! 60gb of corrupt recordings.

They all look like the screen shot I have captured, you can make out bits of it in places, like here you can just about see someone walking passed.

I do not have access to the original installing company, or the name of the DVR, it is bolted in to the lorry cubby hole, with a lockable cover for the SD cards. (I have the key)

It seems these are the highest speed SD cards available, could it be it is recording at to higher resolution and the SD cards cant keep up? Seems odd though, being 80MB/s write speed cards!

testpic.jpg.b4ca7b6c0d202d2dc773f0fcaf6dcee4.jpg