Sign in to follow this  
hallamnet

Upgrading my analogue CCTV to IP/PoE

Hi all.

This is my first post on the forum and hope someone can help me with a good home CCTV setup.

I bought a new build house about 3 years ago and got a CCTV system installed that i was told would be a good system to start with. I bought it from www.cctv42.co.uk and included 2 dome cameras, one traditional CCTV camera and a DVR fitted with a 1TB drive.

I can access this system via my iPhone using the Super Live pro app with 2 profiles. 1 for internal and 1 for external access.

When i had the system installed, instead of using standard coax cable, i used CAT6 cable for future proofing the system for when i wanted to go PoE/IP.

The time has come for an upgrade and would like to know if the Hikvision cameras are a good bet for what i want to do.

Currently, i have 1 dome camera looking over the back garden and another looking over the front of the house and the traditional one looking down on to my driveway.

I know i am going to need a new DVR and again, would like to get some recommendations on a fairly decent NVR with built in PoE switch.

At present, i am only looking for 3 cameras but would like the option to upgrade to maybe 2 more in the future.

If anyone can help on any recommendations, that would be great.

Thanks,

Hallamnet

Your best bet frankly is going back to CCTV42 and speak to Henry, he will advise you and since you are already an existing customer he will definitely look after your best interest. He's a very knowledgeable person and will easily be able to advise.