Sign in to follow this  
mikeloew1

How can I make my camera a bit less obvious.

I have a camera in my shed that faces my dock. I had to install it this way. I drilled a 2" hole through the wood siding, I then screwed a piece of Lexan on the inside with the camera tight against the lexan. It is protected from the elements this way but when you walk by the shed you can see that ugly 2" hole and the camera. I was thinking of putting a 3"x3" piece of smoked lexan or smoked glass over the outside hole to hide it, but I would probably lose any night vision doing this. Is there a better solution? Thanks Mike.

dock.thumb.jpg.bda4aacd1fa052b5dff9ec5e661653de.jpg

use a hikvision pinhole camera...you dont even

http://www.hikvision.com/Es/products_show.asp?id=9620

Seems like you are using a drop cam there, their yearly fees are insane...

Yes it is a dropcam, I know they are shunned here but I don't have to have a dvr either. I only have one cam here and it is $99 a year for cloud recording. With the cost of the wiring and the dvr I don't mind that cost. It also has a good picture, I take care of 5 Pelcos at work and I honestly like these cams better. Even my wife can use them with ease.

use a hikvision pinhole camera...you dont even

http://www.hikvision.com/Es/products_show.asp?id=9620

Seems like you are using a drop cam there, their yearly fees are insane...

Yes it is a dropcam, I know they are shunned here but I don't have to have a dvr either. I only have one cam here and it is $99 a year for cloud recording. With the cost of the wiring and the dvr I don't mind that cost. It also has a good picture, I take care of 5 Pelcos at work and I honestly like these cams better. Even my wife can use them with ease.

Its disliked because its a perpetual tax...100 yearly for only 7 days of recording, 300 for 30 days..thats nuts. The hikvision pinhole has an sd card slot that, most likely, will get you way more storage than 1 week - no dvr needed. There is no more cost of wiring for the hikvision than the dropcam...you can make any camera wireless with a 20 dollar wifi bridge...but to each his own...there is no better way unless you place the camera outside...the fov is already severely limited...

How does the image look at night?