mostdef

PC Viewer D6 Series and Swann DVR4 Securanet - Cant see cams

Hi

I just installed a new Swann DVR4 Securanet DVR with 3 Swann Cameras, all hardwired.

When I plug a monitor into the back of the DVR i can see all 3 cameras working with no issues but when I try and view the cameras over the local network using the supplied PC Viewer D6 Series software I cannot see the cameras at all.

I can login to the dvr system with no issues and see the settings for each camera but get no visual pictures on the screen.

I'm not plannin on using it on the internet as yet but have also tried this and again can login but get no visual on the cameras. this seems to be the only issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers

typically you will need IE with either an activex plugin or a java applet to run. otherwise the manufacturer will provide an installation software to view/control/etc. i am not familiar with this hardware. can you check the manual and see what the stated requirements are for computer access.

I can login to the dvr system with no issues and see the settings for each camera but get no visual pictures on the screen.

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same difficulty. I have two computers that properly run the software and two that do not. ActiveX is definitely working if the application appears. I thought it might be a codec problem or DirectX, but I've pretty much eliminated those possibilities.

David