deeco

Dedicated micros Ds2 DVRT netvu observer connection failure

Hi,

i am pulling my hair out as i cannot connect through netvuobserver to a DS2 DVRT dedicated micros unit

i can connect through viewer and network admin,

do i need to upgrade firmware? current version is 3.1 (090) -netdvtr

ids this compatilble , according the DM site it is........

Exact error after login with credentials in netvoobserver is "unable to retrieve list of cameras from the video server! check the name or ip address of the video server, and that you are connected to the network

I have a client with DS2 systems in a dozen locations. The issue you're experiencing happens once in a while when using NetVu Observer. Usually, rebooting the DS2 solves the issue.

Have you tried running NetVu Observer on another computer? Does the same error appear? If it works on another computer maybe uninstall & reinstall NetVu Observer on the computer with the problem.

Dedicated Micros has several NetVu Observer versions available for download. Maybe try different versions.

Maybe try creating a new user account on the DS2 and try loggin on. That's worked for me on a couple occasions - along with deleting/recreating the user account.

You can also look at the log file to see if any errors are reported.

Hope this helps.

thanks,

tried rebooting, tried different computers, cant find any other versions other the version on the website

have you link to older version, i reckon that might resolve

Declan

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/software_release/index_firmware.php

On the left side, scroll down and click on NetVu Observer. There are several versions available. Pay attention to the Key (Pink = Beta, Green = Current non-beta, Grey = Previous releases).

I'd go for Version 1.18.24 - the current non-beta release. If that's what you've been using, try an older version. Remember to uninstall NetVu Observer before installing a different version.

NOTE: It could be that the DVR is not compatible with NetVu Observer, although you indicated that the website says it is. I have some older D4RS units that aren't compatible, so the Network Viewer software is used. I haven't found a smartphone app for these older units either.

What is the actual model number of the DVR? Typically there's a label on the bottom of the unit with all the information.

Yes, I believe it's compatible. Try going into the DVR settings and add a new user account. When choosing the channels, select all, then try logging in with the new username & password.

thanks

can i do this through network admin or should i do it physically at dvr??

Type the DVR's IP into a web browser. Click on Configuration Options and login with the admin username & password. Then click on System > User Accounts. From there you can add, change or delete user accounts. I'm thinking maybe the user account being used to logon to the DVR with NetVu Observer doesn't have the rights to view cameras.

DS2.jpg.a9b777dfad634d19d64cf6ea41f59961.jpg

DS2-Menu.thumb.jpg.f42af83fe97a748db1c868f70133865d.jpg

Oh - that's an older model. I have a few of those out in the field, but they are the D4 models, not DS2. Unfortunately NetVu Observer won't work with it (I didn't realize from the model number, sorry). I can't find a smartphone app that can connect to it either. The options are what's on the page - Network Viewer or Web Viewer (and the PC Playback software).

A note about the software - it doesn't seem to work on 64-bit Windows. 32-bit works fine though. Best bet is to run it on an XP system.

Anyway, you can stop pulling your hair out.

Possibly. I would contact Dedicated Micros support and ask if the firmware update to convert the DVR to a NetVu connected product is compatible with the exact model you have. A quick call or email can save alot of greif