bigjay

Any one tell me what a DC level on the back is for ????????

I bought a Sony cctv day and night w/66 ir veri-focal lens camera ,I have a problem setting it up ,the picture in the day looks great but by night its gives good night vision also but ,the images around people are have a bright light as if they glow in the dark and you can't make out there faces and look like aliens . its not a cheap camera to buy

also the dvr i bought his running through a scart would i get a better picture though the VGA .

thanks alan

hmmm Bigjay... the thing with dual cameras (ir - color in the day and b/w durring the night) is that the ir LED's are projected onto your image like a flash light. Now, what i understand from your problem is that its not a problem... people may "glow" because the LED's are more focused in that area if u catch my drift. This will result in glowing people or objects.

hope this helps

your cctv fan

Beer

DC I think is for gain. The alien affect is due to IR and all cameras does that but you should be able to make out faces unless you are too closed to it. You can try adjusting DC level down to test it but I think this will affect IR distance