asoy

Linksys wrt54g + avtech760. Help remote View T_T

help me.. i have tried it many times.. but it's always failed when access it from internet. i have do this :

1. Avtech760:

ip statis : 192.168.1.101

gateway : 192.168.1.1

netmask : 255.255.255.0

web port : 8080

-DDNS enable. fill with my username &password & domain.

2. Linksys WRT54G

-DHCP. with Dynamic ip.

-DDNS fill with my username &password & domain.

-security-> disable Block Anonymous Internet Requests

-Applications&gaming. Port Range Forward :

application : DVR

Start : 8080

End : 8080

Protocol : TCP

Ip address : 192.168.1.101

Enable.

when i try to access from local. i can see my dvr. open with browser with my dyndns account. like this asoy.selfip.com:8080

but when i try to open in wan. with open asoy.selfip.com:8080 its always failed. what must i do

help me pliz.

Thx for response

goto http://www.no-ip.com and use the tools under "Support" to check to see if you port (8080) is open.

your settings look fine except I would turn off the dyndns on the DVR and enable it in your router only! it's under DDNS on the linksys

and you should be able to view it if the port is open at your isp.......try using the WAN IP address before you step up to the dyndns name.

VST man is right, try setting DynDNS on the router.

From experience, whenever I have had connection problems and I am sure the settings are right, I try another router as I have come across a few routers that didnt want to work even though similar models did work, like buying a lemon car, at least you elimiate any problems with the router.

Another possible problem you could be facing is that some ISP's (especially ADSL Lines) dont allow loopback meaning you cannot use your external IP/DNS to connect back in to the same network, if you find you have done everything correctly and can connect on internal network but not external IP, then ask a friend on a different Internet connection to try and connect to eliminate this problem.

Thanks all. now i know why i can't access it. it because my cable provider close all port T____T hiks hiks....

hopeless

thanks all. i love this forum ^^

The Linksys default admin port is 8080 as well so if you turned that on it will cause an issue. Try changing the port to something else.

Thanks all. now i know why i can't access it. it because my cable provider close all port T____T hiks hiks....

hopeless

thanks all. i love this forum ^^

Asoy use DYDNS use port 8000, like Rory stated port 8080 is the default remote admin port for the router.Port 8000 has been very reliable in my experience. Make sure you have the firewall turned off on the modem, let the router do all the filtering and port forwarding. Make sure the only devise doing the DDNS updating is the router. Go to this website to ensure that you have the proper ports open https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 . Select user defined port and scan the port you selected, make it 8000. Make sure in host name on the DDNS router settings you input the host address with out http: or www simply your assigned DNS name.com. Also enable remote management on the router, if you like i can configure it for you remotely. cheers and best of luck.

woahhhh.. thanks. port 8000 is open in my isp. before that, i check all port that usualy use. but no one opened. when i try 8000. its open

i will test with wan ip tomorrow. because now 3.00 morning >_<

i hope it will works. thanks all

I always just use port 81, but Im simple

Some ISPs may also block 81 though so you should be safer with the higher ports.