Tim

Is this real .01 lux color camera?

Its not a Sony, and it is not high resolution.

It has very basic features.

Also, it doesnt say what Sony chip it is using, if it is a Super Had it will not be 0.01 lux, and either way that could be the face plate lux rating, not what you will actually get, which may actually be more like 0.1 lux.

It appears to be a no name, with only a 1 year warranty. Dont expect it to last that long as no name products are generally poorly built with cheap parts, hence the cheap price.

If you have $80 to throw away, or if it is just for yourself, give it a try. Otherwise, if it is for a professional installation, I would recommend a brand like Ganz, GE, Phillips, etc.

Rory

as always, there are many types of Sony Chip not just models, but grades, I would not buy this camera as thye have not mentioned at what F stop the camera achievs this rating, and without mentioning a brand name, I would not trust the specs at any rate.

When I was stupid enough to buy Taiwanese cameras we once got a shipment of cameras that were only rated for 3 lux when they used tyo be .01 lux, we contacted the manufactorer and complained but they said they could fix it in half an hour, so I scratched my head and started looking at the board for dip switches, then the fax wrang and to my surprise they just faxed an ammended spec sheet..... bloody hel.. I tested the camera and it was no where near that figure... typical, you see things like signal to noise ratio etc work i the same way, some manufactorers claim they have excellent figures, but the thing is that figure was achieved once in the day, it was not an average... many cheaper manufactorers lie, it is true that you get what you pay for...

Two other tricks of the trade...

A company here started rating all its cameras for low light, but the sneaky thing they did was rate this figure on a very low F Stop... the price of the lens that would be needed to achieve this light level would be astronomical, but not many people knew this.

Another is DVR's Frames per second is the standard rating for recording spped, but word it as IPS (images per second) and then it can be doubled, you see there are 2 Images to evry frame, but as an end user you would never know this.

another trick is to have a digitaly zoomed image that is produced by a camera, now everyone knows its pixolated, but hay, all of the sudden, the resolution is much larger so the pixel count is bigger..

Beware.. truth is you get what you paid for!!!