AJR

Milestone Xprotect version

The setup:

6 Axis cameras both internal and external to record motion detection events with live viewing over an internet connection, and reviewing on a local network connection

The basis+ license is attractive as its much cheaper than the Professional but there is only 1 license for a client connection. I am guessing that the client software is only really useful on the local network due to bandwidth requirements. So hopefully this isn't going to be an issue.

But is there a limitation for basic web viewing with the basis+? I ideally would like at least 3 simultaneous browser connections to the server. Can't find any documentation about this and local resellers sound like they are reading a script when I asked them...

It does not seem to matter whether you use the web UI or the smart client, you are still limited to one connection remote, and when you log out, there is a five minute delay before you can log in again. As far as the remote client S/W, it does not affect bandwidth that much, and you have a lot more functionality. Also, there a lot of useful additions on Professional, (Database Export, PTZ Presets/ Joystick control pass through, Etc., and now unlimited remote connections instead of 5 in the previous release....As far as price, I feel your pain. I cringe every time I buy it... But I keep buying it. It has worked very well in 10+ installations so far, and I'm probably not going to change horses for a while.