dcam

GV. live view incompatible cameras

Hi guy's,

I'm new here, first of all ,I'd like to thank you all for what I have gained from this forum, it's enormous. I have started building Geovision DVR's about one year ago, and have slowly conquered all of the obstacles I've encountered along the way, until now. I have discovered a problem with certain camera types, that just will not work properly with live / remote live view, I use 600 + 650 cards V8.12. The problems are :

Distorsion of certain parts of the image, especially with movement.

Blurring out of certain areas, especially floor tiles, or floor boards.

Flinching or pulsing of the center of the image.

The complete image shifting up and down about a millimeter.

The last two, causes unwanted "motion detect"

The specifications for the DVR's are way above the minimum recommendations set by GV. that includes no VIA chipsets etc. The cameras are all OEM, I can supply all details if necessary, but the one common feature that they have is, they are all low lux cameras, 0.2 0.1 0.05,

This occurs only with live view, when i connect them directly to a momitor I get a perfect picture, when I view in" view log "...perfect picture.

I have tried different resolutions, different codec's, different gain etc.

I have even tried NTSC, as I normally use PAL ...not much difference.

I can't seem to solve this one , I have read in your forum about semilar problems , maybe they are connected.

Again thank you all for your help in the past, maybe you don't realize how many people read and gain from this forum without actually posting, or reacting.

Regards ... Dominic.

Hi Dominic, welcome to the Forum.

Looks like we are having some similar issues.

Im my case I even loaded the Bt drivers and used AmCap (raw video, no Compression and no Geo Software) and still had bad video, so seems its probably a firmware issue. Will wait and see if Geo comes up with any solution to this.

Thanks Rory

It looks like I will have to upgrade to 1120 card to avoid the problems, but I will be pricing myself out of work. I'm still going to try to find a solution, if i have success, you will be the first to know...

Dominic

I believe it is related to the BT878 chip on board not being compatable with the cameras while the Techwell chips on the combo cards don't have this problem.

So I take it only combo cards solve this problem, or does the 800 card use a different chip?