I just received the 3130 for demo and I have a couple of questions. I have used Axis, Vivotek, and Panasonic cameras and the Arecont seams a little different.

First the image is good I don't think it as good as the demo images on their website. But I think that could be because I got the cheaper lens.

On the Axis cameras you can log in and change the IP address, ports, setup motion detection. I have played with the web interface and I can't seam to find where where you make these adjustments. I have the Arecont software installed and I know how to adjust the image and day/night but stuff is missing. So here are my questions. How do you adjust the following setting using the web interface.

Change the port?

Setup onboard motion detection (I see this in their software)?

Setup the trigger in/outs?

Can you send email on motion or triggers?

Setup passwords?

Thanks guys

Yeah there are a couple of issues with the Arecont Vision cameras that are a bit quirky. For the features that you want to modify and configure you would think that they would be available by going straight to the cameras IP address. But it's not that easy.

You have to install their "AV Application Manager V5.0.5.12" and run the "Live Video" option after a successful install.

This will allow you to set the motion detection etc. When you are in the Arecont Vision Video System software select Motion Detection on the left. Pick your camera that you want to configure on the drop down list. If you do not see anything on the pop-up box click on the button on the right. It will say one of these three things "enable", "motion only", "disable". Cycle through them until you get a picture and it will allow you to configure per your needs.

Be sure to go into the Internet Interface and switch the Day/Night functions to focus both before you install. It has two lenses and you want to make sure to focus both (not that I have made that mistake myself mind you )

Hope this helps you out a little. Good luck, once configured these cameras are rock solid.

DinoSteel

How do you adjust the following setting using the web interface.

Change the port? [i don't recall seeing an option for this anywhere]

Setup the trigger in/outs? [haven't seen any documentation or settings for the I/O ports]

Can you send email on motion or triggers? [nope]

Setup passwords? [that's in the web interface assuming you have later firmware]

You can view mine here: http://tinyurl.com/3olxez

Have you looked at the IQeye?

How do you adjust the following setting using the web interface.

Change the port? ["Remote Viewing" in "AV Application Manager V5.0.5.12" Software]

Setup the trigger in/outs? [usually found on your NVR Software]

Can you send email on motion or triggers? [usually found on your NVR Software]

Not much to add but I hope that it helps a little bit.