anchorjoe

Help Desperately needed with Bosch PTZ and GeoVision

Is there anyone out here that has connected a Bosch 10X PTZ (model number: VEZ-021-HWCS) to a PC/DVR system running the latest version of GeoVision S/W? I have a client that has three of these on three different PC systems and none of them are working. On one system I do also have a Nuvico 35X PTZ along with the Bosch unit and the Nuvico is working just fine, so I believe the PC settings are correct. My thought is that there is a DIP switch setting inside the camera that I need to change, but the camera manual does not give any insight on this.

My client is loosing patience, so I am hoping and praying that someone in this community has worked with this camera/GeoVision software and was successful in getting the camera to move through the software..

P.S. I have power and video to the camera's, just no movement. Can someone please guide me in the right direction on this.. Thx..

Hi!

What kind of cables you got? I know some Bosch domes use only 1 * Coaxial cable with power and RS-485 combined with video signal. That makes it a bit tricky too conrol the Speed dome with anything else then a Bosch controller board, but they also have models with rs-485 connectors.

JD

Is there anyone out here that has connected a Bosch 10X PTZ (model number: VEZ-021-HWCS) to a PC/DVR system running the latest version of GeoVision S/W? I have a client that has three of these on three different PC systems and none of them are working. On one system I do also have a Nuvico 35X PTZ along with the Bosch unit and the Nuvico is working just fine, so I believe the PC settings are correct. My thought is that there is a DIP switch setting inside the camera that I need to change, but the camera manual does not give any insight on this.

My client is loosing patience, so I am hoping and praying that someone in this community has worked with this camera/GeoVision software and was successful in getting the camera to move through the software..

P.S. I have power and video to the camera's, just no movement. Can someone please guide me in the right direction on this.. Thx..

I am running RG-59 with 18GA combo cable for power and video feed, and I am also running 18GA shielded (two conductor) for the RS-485 control. These are the same lines I am running for the Nuvico camera which is running good on the same system that a bosch is not...

Do you know if the bosch model should call out specifically for the RS-485 control to work properly. These camera's have a wiring diagram that indicates (+/-) biphase control, and I am not familiar with that terminology and I assumed this was the same as RS-485 control...

Hi, the Bosch VG4 cameras that we use have a software setting to switch between biphase and RS485. There is also a switch to set the address. Both cameras need different ones. Two or more cameras on an rs485 wire need 1 end of line resistor at the farthest cam. Check to see if both have it already on and remove the nearest one. If you can just connect the Bosch and get it working separately, that will confirm that each is working. Then connect together to see.

If it is a fairly new Bosch PTZ dome then there should be an option to switch the device to pelco Protocol...the Biphase control that Bosch uses is rarely supported.....also the termination as mentioned above is very important

You can go to the end of the 485 cable and put a multimeter on it, then try the controls from the other end, you should see a minute change in voltage for each directional movement that you choose, this will at least confirm that you are getting a signal out over the 485, you could do this from the back of the 232/485 card as well, my bets are you wither havent addressed each cam...haevn't put the inline resistor at the last camera...are running in star formation instead of in series or are using the wrong protocol.....perhaps the Bosch cam has already had the dip changed to be a Pelco.....you could use a Bilinx tool to control the device and do the setup of the PTZ on just the coax only..this would test that the cam is set to Biphase.

Hope this helps