cmarin

can i daisy chain cameras?

are u talking about daisy chaining data or video? data yes for ptz control but video if using twisted pair you have to go back to a switch and youd prob use a poe switch so each would have to be run to that switch to get power

Video cannot be daisy chained. Each camera will need to be home run with its own cable for video and fed into it's own input on your recording device.

Video-

You can get get 4 cameras running on 1 network cable, as there are 4 twisted pairs and each camera only needs 2. You could set up the network cable running between the cameras in a 'daisychain like' configuration, terminating the cable at the first camera, with 75ohm balun for that camera coming form 2 wires, and a network socket for the pass through of the 6 remaining wires. You continue the cable run from the first camera doing the same for the remaining cameras.

Then 'daisy chain' up a cable for power. If cameras are 24V, you could have 3 cameras plus power on the cable. If you were using motorised devices then I think you need a separate thicker gauge wire, as even my little panasonic dome uses 15w, so 4 cameras is 60w, that's 24V-ac at 2.5amps which would not give you much distance at all (I think).

You might be able to modulate and then demodulate at the other end, that should allow you to put multiple signals on one cable (like TV) but if you are trying to save money by running less cable I think you would be better off looking at using twisted pair baluns (google NVT). This still only allows one video per pair of wires.