barryglasgow

SKY-6802i (Techwell) card installation problems

I just received a 4-channel (60 fps) card containing the Techwell 6802 chip and it appears as though the supplied software is out of date.

I get an error "UpdSock.dd not found" and another message indicating that WinDriver is older than the one currently installed.

When I try to launch the DVR application, Windows pops up a Run Time Error 438 message.

The manual is of no help and neither is the mfg site.

Any help is appreciated.

I really would love to start dabbling in this stuff!

I did that a couple of times.

The only thing I haven't done yet (maybe later) is to unload the software, do a Remove Hardware, shut the system down, remove the card, start it up, verify that the card is completely gone and then shut it down and start over again.

I just finished uninstalling everything (including removing the possibly competing Asus HD2600 video capture card) and I got the same warnings and errors when freshly installing the DVR software;

- it flags the windrvr.sys file as older than what is currently on the system

this time I agreed to replace mine with the older, supplied driver

It's version is 7.0.1.0 - Provider name "Jungo"

- then it pops up a wdreg.exe DOS window saying;

"There are currently 2 connected devices using WinDriver.

Please disconnect or uninstall all connected device from the Device Manager and press Retry.

To reload WinDriver, press Cancel and reboot.

Please pre 'R' to retry or 'C' to cancel..."

Not sure what to look for in the Device Manager but I see the 6800 (A) and (V) video capture devices and the Asus card is gone.

I press cancel and the installation proceeds.

Then a window called "GLJ17.tmp - Unable To Locate Component" pops up, telling me

"This application has failed to start because UdpSock.dll was not found.

Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I click OK and the installation proceeds and finally comes back as "installed successfully".

When I double-click the "DVR" desktop icon, the "Digital Surveillance System" application pops up and I can see the various components successfully loading until it hits "Init System".

That's when the Run Time Error 438 pops up and I'm forced to click OK and watch the application die.

The only deviation I have from the recommended setup is that I am running DirectX 9 instead of 8 and my platform is AMD instead of Intel - neither of which should matter.

I finally got this to work.

No matter how many times I unloaded then reloaded the DVR software I would get the same errors.

The last time, I decided to load the software without having unloading it first - and it worked!

Not a very friendly installation.

I finally got this to work.

No matter how many times I unloaded then reloaded the DVR software I would get the same errors.

The last time, I decided to load the software without having unloading it first - and it worked!

Not a very friendly installation.

Glad to hear you got it to work. While the installation seems not user friendly, is the card itself working reliably?

rgds, dove

I just got the Sky-6802i, and I can't figure out how to view remotely. Have you got that figured out yet?

(I set up the ports, etc. but the software and manual are not helpful at all.)

Thanks!

I just got the Sky-6802i, and I can't figure out how to view remotely. Have you got that figured out yet?

(I set up the ports, etc. but the software and manual are not helpful at all.)

Thanks!

I had no problem at all with this card, I can view remotely from my lan or the internet, Maybe I can give you some advice, but maybe you already figured it out by now.