mick53

Strange occurrence with monitor

Hi guys,

I noticed my monitor ceased functioning today. The monitor is an older JVC model TM-A13SU. It has worked fine for me up until today.

I have three cameras on it. I have two on A and one on B. They monitor the front door, driveway and backyard respectively.

There was a city truck parked directly in fron of my house this morning.

The guys told me they were sending a CCTV camera down a storm drain pipe to check for blockage(s).

They had a monitor in the truck and we watched the camera do it's thing for a while.

I didnt' mention that my equipment at all or that my monitor had gone dark to them. I figured after they broke down their equipment and left, I'd be back up and running.

Nope. The green light on the monitor comes on when I turn it on and that's it.

When I press the A or B switches they don't light up. Phase doesn't do anything. Can't bring up the menu when I press the button. No chroma, no contrast, no nothing.

I have unplugged everything, receivers and monitor power supply and gave them 15 minutes to "rest." No change. The screen is just dark. The only indication of "life" is the green power button comes on, as I said.

Anyone know of a way to "reset" and start over?

I don't think this malfunction is coincidental to the city's CCTV truck being outside my house this morning monitoring the drainage pipes.

Thank you for any help.

Mike

Stupid question first, is everything still plugged in?

Plug the cameras into something else such as a video input on a TV to verify there is an issue with the monitor itself.

Then try plugging a known working video source into the monitor, such as a VCR.