SolarCat

4 channel mobile DVR with rechargable batteries

Thats going to be a tough one. Most mobile devices that are battery operated are single channel recorders, and your lucky to get 8 hours of operation on a single charge of batteries.

Whats your application? Maybe we can point you in the right direction if we can further understand your project.

It's going to be used inside a commercial vehicle and it has to supply power to the cameras. I'm mistaken, it just has to have 12v in and no batteries.

quote="securitymonster"]Thats going to be a tough one. Most mobile devices that are battery operated are single channel recorders, and your lucky to get 8 hours of operation on a single charge of batteries.

Whats your application? Maybe we can point you in the right direction if we can further understand your project.

I think power is an easy solution as they make good inverters that you can hardwire to a vehicle and achieve the power requirements for just about any DVR.

Your biggest issue is going to be shock protection for the DVR if you end up using a standard type IDE or SATA hard drive.

I don't have a mobile solution off the top of my head but I'll see what my guys can drum up. Some of the other guys will soon enough chime in with some options!

I do however know that ARM electronics has a Mobile 12 volt 4 Channel DVR with audio and GPS that MSRP's at around $1,250.00. Part # MDVR4A80GPS, I would be a little hesitant as its ARM and they DVR's haven't been known as "reliable".

78334_1.jpg