Trioxide

Geovision virtual output

I have GV-850 card and would like to have the Geovision software trigger an virtual com port, like motion on cameras. Found a program to give me virtual serial ports. How can you get Geovision to see one of those ports? I can see the port but Geovision wants a Device also, like the PT811 or GVIO, which I don't have. Anybody do anything like this before? Will this work for me so I can send an output via the virtual port? Would love to know if there has been an success with this via software or do you have to purchase the IO card to get an output, and then input?

Just wanting Geovision to trigger based on an event and then be able to read that trigger on the same computer, via a com port most likely as my other program can read that (CQC).

Are there any other options? The CQC software is running on the same computer and it seems silly to have an IO box for output for Geovision and then another IO box for input for CQC. Can Geovision trigger CQC via software, registry, write file to HD, etc???