Sign in to follow this  
secureconcepts

Dispatch in failover mode

Trying to set up dispatch in fail-over mode, but don't understand how this could work since it uses fixed ip-adresses.

The moment the main dispatch fails (I mean: system crash, application hang, loss of power or network). How will a center find the fail-over dispatch: Center connect's to an IP ....or via DNS to an IP .....

Would like to know how this is designed. Maybe I should setup a hardware based fail-over with two indentical machines.

Need advice from someone at Geovision to set this up, because it's not documented.

Thanks,

Trying to set up dispatch in fail-over mode, but don't understand how this could work since it uses fixed ip-adresses.

The moment the main dispatch fails (I mean: system crash, application hang, loss of power or network). How will a center find the fail-over dispatch: Center connect's to an IP ....or via DNS to an IP .....

Would like to know how this is designed. Maybe I should setup a hardware based fail-over with two indentical machines.

Need advice from someone at Geovision to set this up, because it's not documented.

Thanks,

Center or Center Client must connect to dispatch at last once. Then it will got the IP of fail-over dispatch. so...

thanks to Andy I now know how it works.

Only issue is that if it switches to fail-over it will not switch back to the original system automatically ...... meaning manual starting/stopping of Centers V2's !