P4yfir3

IP DVR SYSTEM WIN XP needed to run remote access on a MAC

Is there any DVR software solutions for IP systems that are installed on a windows XP based DVR that is easily used remotely from a MAC computer?

I have had issues with Luxriot & not being able to view via HTML on a MAC computer as the active x components are based on xp IE environs.

To use the remote viewing with luxriot my client had to install windows xp as a seperate bootable system & it is NOT ecomonical.

Are ther any other solutions or systems available?

cheers

Is there any DVR software solutions for IP systems that are installed on a windows XP based DVR that is easily used remotely from a MAC computer?

I have had issues with Luxriot & not being able to view via HTML on a MAC computer as the active x components are based on xp IE environs.

To use the remote viewing with luxriot my client had to install windows xp as a seperate bootable system & it is NOT ecomonical.

Are ther any other solutions or systems available?

cheers

We (exacq) are releasing a Mac client next week. You need OSX 10.4 or 10.5 and it has to be an Intel based processor.

Let me know if you want a beta copy!

You could conceivably use Parallels which lets you use your Windows program in the Mac without having to dual boot. Parallels cost about $80 and you have to install for each Mac you want to do this on.

But if you just need this for a one off and you already have a DVR in place or selected, Parallels may be the way to go.

You could conceivably use Parallels which lets you use your Windows program in the Mac without having to dual boot. Parallels cost about $80 and you have to install for each Mac you want to do this on.

But if you just need this for a one off and you already have a DVR in place or selected, Parallels may be the way to go.

Sorry I have not used mac systems on a regular basis. The 'parallels' is this a n embedded program in MAC osx or an add on to enable windows emulation?

Axis cameras and Axis Camera Station can.

I am using the arecont 3130m cameras. originally advised not to use their software!

Is it a sufficiently powerful DVR management system?

I am using the arecont 3130m cameras. originally advised not to use their software!

You can not use the AXIS camera station to manage Arecont 3130s.

Our software for the server runs on Windows and Linux, our clients run on windows, linux and Mac OSX. Hell, SSN did a blog post about it http://securitysystemsnews.com/blogs/2008/04/security-on-mac.html

You can not use the AXIS camera station to manage Arecont 3130s.

Our software for the server runs on Windows and Linux, our clients run on windows, linux and Mac OSX. Hell, SSN did a blog post about it http://securitysystemsnews.com/blogs/2008/04/security-on-mac.html

Thankyou Robert. I would like to know more about your liscencing info & product costs. I have emailed a return to Stern, reguarding the beta software. My client is in town for two more days & would be beneficial to be able to demonstrate your system. You had mentioned the beta version. Are you able to email through login access? Time line difficult in this case as it is 11pm here & your office will be closed in the morning. cheers

For information on Parallels, see http://www.parallels.com/.

It's an application, like word or excel. You install it. It runs on your Mac. Inside of the Parallels window, your windows application runs.

The benefit is that you can fairly seamless switch between Mac and PC applications from inside your running Mac.

Parallels requires intel Macs and at least 1 GB RAM.

If you can't or aren't able to get a pure Mac solution, Parallels is a strong option to make windows clients work in a Mac.

For information on Parallels, see http://www.parallels.com/.

It's an application, like word or excel. You install it. It runs on your Mac. Inside of the Parallels window, your windows application runs.

The benefit is that you can fairly seamless switch between Mac and PC applications from inside your running Mac.

Parallels requires intel Macs and at least 1 GB RAM.

If you can't or aren't able to get a pure Mac solution, Parallels is a strong option to make windows clients work in a Mac.

I always wondered if you needed a real copy of windows to get Parallels to run, if you were going to be on the up and up.

Does it also degrade video performance, since it is virtualizing the hardware?

I am going to load it up on my iMac and find out!

From what I remember installing it, you need a real copy of Windows.

I have seen video through Parallels, it worked but it puts a high load on system resources. However, I use Parallels for software development reasons so I have not extensively tested DVR clients.