anis

G4 LTA networking

I need help with connecting to G4 LTA using client software within local network. Has anyone done this before?

Hi,

I'll do my best to try and explain...

My client software has already been set up so I will not be able to provide screen shots of everything I explain.

Open the client software and select "Configure" at the top of the viewer. Once you do this, you will see two large white empty panes. Please see attached picture "configure" and right mouse in the pane indicated in yellow. In the left pane right mouse click and select " create root node". In the box that appears, name the root anything you want ( Test, myDVR, etc, no spaces ). Once you have established the root name, highlight and right mouse click the root name and select "add device". The picture attached " add device " will appear. Fill in the boxes as I have in the picture. Click OK. Once you have done this, that DVR (LTA) will appear in the extreme left hand pane. Click on the "Preview" button at the top and double click on any one channel number and you will see an image in the pane surrounded in yellow. This is all assuming you have not changed any of the LTA's factory settings. I know, the manual is not at all clear.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mike

configure.jpg.da39f2be551ef7d41dd14c28c930e5b6.jpg

97041421_adddevice.jpg.806873e69807a5c971b5ae5ec5d20dcd.jpg

Hi Mike

thanks for your help and time. Obviously the manual helped us to get going but there few items needed help from someone who new this dvr inside out and had done it before.

My dvr is now online and I can connect it using local and remote networking.

Appreciate your help and support.

Your responses were faster than my questions.

Thanks

Anis Malkan