prairietech

Video/Audio Encoder/Decoder Recommendations?

I'm looking for a single channel video and audio encoder that will stream IP. It needs to accept composite video and line level audio.

Also need a compatible decoder that will output composite video and line level audio. The audio must also stay in sync with the video.

The unit(s) size can not be rack or table top size but rather compact for mounting in an outdoor enclosure.

I have found the Bosch Video Jet series but it doesn't look like they have a model with audio.

Randy

IoImage is a strong company but there products are geared around analytics. You are likely to find a good fit elsewhere at a lower price.

I have used Bosch before and they do have models supporting audio.

Also, Axis has encoders with audio (those models end with an 'a').

When it comes to audio support, I do not know the details but try in this direction.

IoImage is a strong company but there products are geared around analytics. You are likely to find a good fit elsewhere at a lower price.

When it comes to audio support, I do not know the details but try in this direction.

I would use the Axis 247s encoder with audio. (It is small enough to find is a 2 gang electrical box) $499.00

Use the Axis 292 decoder with audio. It is bigger then the 247s (but that should not matter.) The 292 can sequence up to 128 encoders and cameras. I have to look up the price but it think $699.00

PM me if you have any questions

Axis 292

Axis 247s

is all of this inhouse or are you sending it out via wan? look at the balanced CAT5 HD boxes...........passes both HD video and stereo audio at a fracton of the cost..........inhouse only........

I would use the Axis 247s encoder with audio. (It is small enough to find is a 2 gang electrical box) $499.00

Use the Axis 292 decoder with audio. It is bigger then the 247s (but that should not matter.) The 292 can sequence up to 128 encoders and cameras. I have to look up the price but it think $699.00

PM me if you have any questions

Axis 292

Axis 247s

I can't PM yet. Guess I'm still a suspected spammer.

My main concern is the audio being synced with the video. I have heard some of the cheaper boxes have latency between the video and audio. Nothing worse than seeing someones lips move and the audio not matching.

You said in the first post this is going in a outdoor enclosure. Are you plan on using this outside?

I had the 247s but I don't have mic for it But I am trying out the 207W with audio and it is not in sync it is a little behind. I would try a Slingbox

Hi

You can look at IPsupermarket com. I think here you can find various audio/video, image or speech Codecs (Encoders/Decoders)

If you can't find exactly what u r looking for, may be you can post your requirement there, since lots of companies have registered there, which can customized your encoder/decoder (product).

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

However it looks like this is for software only and not hardware since the page is entitled Intellectual Property.

I'm looking for a stand alone hardware solution.

Randy

Hi you are right. In IPsupermarket com. you will get only source Code for (Encoder/Decoders). Basically Its related with software codecs not hardware.

But If i find any hardware related site i'll get back to you.