mamito

netopia 3347 & BS versus DVR pci cards

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE AND I DID:

DVR PCI 8 CHANNELS 240 FPS INSTALLED IN ONE PC. WINDOWS XP SP2; MODEM/router NETOPIA 3347NWG, ISP BELLSOUTH (NOW ATT),i have static ip, also assigned static ip to the dvr pc; I have p2p netowrk (3 more computers) i I opened ports properly on router

8080-8090 tcp and port 80 i'm able to connect over the lan but not over the WAN

i've been reading this forum for days with no answer to this. Is this an problem with my ISP ? some body recomended me to make a bridge on the Netopia and connect a linksys router and foward the port there and will work . but I'll like to know why it's not posible to do it just with the netopiaif I already foward (open)ports adressed to the local static ip of the dvr pc.

did I miss any post where these is explain step by step ?

I have deep knowledge in computers/network.

Any help ?

"Every day we learn something new"

Well I tried post help, but the the forum rules think I am tring tp post a spam, so I dont know what to tell ya

sorry

Finally got it to go through, 30 modifications in.

If the DVR is accessible over the lan, the problem is somewhere between your ISP and your router. I would first check to see if you really have a static IP. You could still setup a DynDNS account to make sure your IP is accessible. Use a open port tool to check and see if the IP and the individual ports are open and accessible. Make sure you turn off all firewall and antivirus software first on the computer and the router. After you get it working turn on the firewall and antivirus, checking to make sure that they are not a problem. Here is a open port tool that works easy.

"Well tried to post a Web site , but cant, Ive not posted the required 5 post."

So, goto DynDNS, the support tab, then dns tools, then open port tool

Hope it helps.

definetly something is wrong with the netopia router. i just bought a D-link router. I put the netopia in bridge... opent he ports (80 and 8080) in the router and voila!.

the question here is :

What is wrong with the netopia and the fowarding of th port 80 and 8080 ?

i think have to be with the firmware (some kind of limitacion) .

I fowarded (open)the port in the D-link same way i did it in the netopia.

but the netopia never worked.

when i was trying the netopia i used the canyouseeme website and it told me the ports 80 and 8080 where open. but i never could make it work.

i already fixed my problem. but i'm still intrigue in the WHY is not posible to do it with the netopia.

IF SOMEBODY WAS ABLE TO MAKE IT WORK PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Have been using the Netopia for quite some time now over the internet without any problems, two things

1. make sure you also set the firewall to low

2. if you need to setup a dynamic IP then you will have to telnet into the Router to do this.