northeastremote

Honeywell 16 channel DVR is it really worth $4 K ++

I'm sold PC based DVR, Avermedia NV-6480 or 2-NV6240 can anyone give me a valid reason to switch to these honeywell units??? I have a competitor that has been around longer than dirt and I'm pretty sure that is all he sells. He has brain washed many buyers in my area into using these things. Help me see the light I can build an NV-6480 unit with 4 TB of memory for $2500 or less.

Seems that $2500 is dealer cost in the open here (no big deal- our industry is corned up). I have sold several SA6416 DVRs and overall it's an excellent unit for the cost (the de-interlace filter is a major selling benefit). As a side note, I don't think Avermedia understands the US market (end-user field requirements as with the CMS software, Remote console software connects only to one DVR, confusion in what the units can actually do, tech support issues, sales practices).

The fact that your competition is selling Honeywell is useful information, but shouldn't be a big concern. Compare feature sets of the Honeywell compared to the units you wish the offer. Ask your customers what features they actually require and educate your them on what your DVR(s) can provide......as well as your outstanding tech support .