BrianCain

DELL 4550 GEOVISION GV800 WONT WORK FOR NOTHING PLEASE HELP

I have a dell dimension 4550. Service tag cyx4121 I have a geovision gv-800 card and i tried version 7.05 and 8 I tried to install the geovision software on my computer and it wont work. I go to device manager, and the drivers are there, but there are yellow ! marks beside them. When i click on them and see the properties, it says there is a resource conflict or something of that sort. I removed drivers, re-installed, and still the same thing. I even formatted the HDD and reinstalled XP. Same thing. I have seen other people in this forum run this exact machine, so whats the secret? I know it needs updating a little as far as ram, but I am trying to see if its going to work at all. I literally have about 5 days tied up in this thing. I installed the card in a compaq presario and it worked fine, but it wasnt mine. I even tried an emachines computer, and it worked as well. When i reload XP, is it still leaving something on there? I really would appreciate any help that can be given..... I have called geovision, and they say its a dell issue. Dell says its a geovision issue. I am about to give up.....

BY THE WAY I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THAT I WASNT AWARE OF THE PROBLEM WITH THE DRIVERS UNTIL I TRIED TO RUN IT FOR THE FIRST TIIME AND IT APPEARED TO START UNTIL I GOT A MESSAGE THAT SAID CANNOT FIND KEYPRO.

I'm sure you have probably done this, but first install Direct X 9, then install Geovision drivers, then the main system, but also have you got the correct drivers for your motherboard. Do the yellow ? appear beside Geovision drivers or motherboard drivers

They appear beside the geovision drivers. I am now relaoding xp for the 110th time, only this time including service pack 2 and then i will try what you suggested. I never thought to install the directx9 controller first. I will let you know. The thing is when I open the device manager, and then i see the yellow (!) beside the drivers, I can go to the properties and as I said it says to disable other system components so it can have the resource. THen I go down to system components and I see two of the same thing ....I think it was PCI bridge or something....I clicked properties from there and then saw that it was referring to the same pci slot # etc....so i disabled it.....then enabled it.....when I did that the yellow marks beside the geo drivers were gone.....I THOUGHT I HAD IT...EVEN DECIDED TO HAVE A BEER.....but guess what, as soon as I thought it was fixed, the yellow marks came back again......I am at my wits end on this....

Thanks cctv down under for the fast reply. I have already tried that. I tried every slot on the machine, each after a fresh XP install just in case i missed a file that was installed from geo and needed to be deleted. I installed more ram as well thinking it was the problem, reloaded xp once again with sp2. I removed evrything pci in the machine. The video is AGP ATI Raedon. The only other PCI device was the soundcard, and I even removed it. I am lost. What is a dell machine that I can buy, that will run without any problems? Do you know of any. Ill just buy a new one. I really like Dell, as they have the best in tech support, etc....., although they dont have a clue how to resolve this. I am open to any suggestions, but with a family of 5, and the way the world is going, I cant really afford a really high end gaming pc. Please let me know if you know of a dell or sonmething similar theat will run out of the box.......I know the card and software is good, as it runs on other machines.....I would rather have a dell......

NOTHING IS WORKING..... I REALLY AM LOSING SLEEP!!!

ANYONE NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RELOAD A DELL DIMENSION 4550 - I AM YOUR MAN!!!!

don't know the Dell but does it have the correct chipset for Geovison, if not it will never work.

You mentioned it works perfect in another system so to me that means the PC or the OS is the problem.OS is normally easy (default always works), so check the pc's chipset.

Thanks secure....I did. Its an Intel chipset. I dont know what else to do. Can you recommend a prebuilt name brand PC with model number. I think at this point I would rather buy a new one.

Now that I really dont know. I can supply you with this link....and it should show you the exact configuration of this machine....stock. I added more memory though.......

Oh well, I cant add the link. It is at dells website. Service tag is cyx4121

I am beginning not to myself as well.

I ended up selling the card on ebay and i am buying a dvmre-16ct tomorrow