tomdlgns

geovision software to view 2 remote locations with 1 program

i have 2 dvr systems, off site, that i need to monitor in ONE program. i have not been able to find any software that will do this.

i like geovisions remote view software, however, you can only connect to 1 DVR at a time and i don't think i am able to run two instances of this program.

any ideas?

thanks

How many cameras do you intend to watch? Multiview allows up to 16 cameras from any number of GV systems at a time and it's free. Control Center is a paid software package that will allow you to watch 64 + cameras.

sorry guys, i will try to give more details.

one of my DVR systems has dual monitors.

on the left monitor, i display the DVR cameras, the actual cameras that plug into that DVR. on the right screen, i am running multiview and i connect to another DVR system, which is off site, and i make that program run full screen on the right monitor.

center v2 will NOT work for me because it defaults to the left hand screen where the geovision program is also locked down to.

multiview would work PERFECT for me if i were able to give it 2 sets of IP addresses, users names, and logins.

please ask any questions if you have them.

thanks

How many cameras do you intend to watch? Multiview allows up to 16 cameras from any number of GV systems at a time and it's free. Control Center is a paid software package that will allow you to watch 64 + cameras.

i would like to watch 2 cameras from 1 dvr and 2 cameras from another dvr.

so 4 total.

sorry guys, i will try to give more details.

one of my DVR systems has dual monitors.

on the left monitor, i display the DVR cameras, the actual cameras that plug into that DVR. on the right screen, i am running multiview and i connect to another DVR system, which is off site, and i make that program run full screen on the right monitor.

center v2 will NOT work for me because it defaults to the left hand screen where the geovision program is also locked down to.

multiview would work PERFECT for me if i were able to give it 2 sets of IP addresses, users names, and logins.

please ask any questions if you have them.

thanks

You can install center v2, on the main monitor you can minimize youre main gv system and conect to center v2 with ip: 127.0.0.1. and you can view local dvr and remote dvr on the one screen.

i thought about doing that, but i wasn't going to bring it up until someone else did...

does centerv2 record as well?

i think it does, but i am not sure. however, i can just do what you said and minimize the main DVR camera program.

I try it now. I install cv2 on my pc with main gv. i connect it to cv2 on same pc and work ok.

i am still curious about the person above who said multiview can support multiple connections.

I try it now. I install cv2 on my pc with main gv. i connect it to cv2 on same pc and work ok.

i am still curious about the person above who said multiview can support multiple connections.

yes multiview can support multiple connections.

first in edit host, host list, you have to add host of youre main gv and remote gv (ip adress, user name and password). when you finish with that , in main window you simpy drag and drop camera (with mouse) from the host list to main screen where you view live cam. I can not explain to you becouse my english is not so good, but you have jpg to view.

connection.thumb.JPG.7ee28c58ffbb55a7e62509807cc067ce.JPG

thank you,

i will try this, it looks pretty simple.

does multiview need the standard web ports open to work properly? or does it need different ports?

i know tcp/ip uses different ports, thats why i ask.

thanks again.

thank you,

i will try this, it looks pretty simple.

does multiview need the standard web ports open to work properly? or does it need different ports?

i know tcp/ip uses different ports, thats why i ask.

thanks again.

standard web ports. 4550,5550,6550-audio and http port 80