Sign in to follow this  
tx-one

Info on 9622 Panasonic Color CCD

I clicked on a banner add on the forum and selected a camera I'm interested in. Its price is about 100$.

What do you guys think about using this for residential front-yard use? The camera will be mounted so that it receives direct sunlight for 4-5 Hours in 100'F heat, high humidity and will receive rain/weather directly. I live in south Texas and things get HOT here. Are these things REALLY weather proof?

The IR portion only needs to work out to about 50 feet as the cameras main function is to capture the front door area of the house, and the driveway. The roadway out front is not really a big concern.

What should I expect for night images? The front yard has good lighting, so is not completely dark.

This color infrared bullet camera is a compact, day/ night camera with a 1/4" Panasonic CCD, auto gain control, back light compensation and 420 lines of resolution. With a 0 LUX, the 9622 is able to work as color in the day time and switch to b/w in low lighting. Furnished with a 4mm lens, sunshield and mounting bracket, this camera can be used for a number of locations and various situations.

FEATURES

420 TV Lines with Built-in IR

Day Night Camera

Panasonic D4 CCD Sensor

Each Package includes Camera & Bracket

The unit provides easy-to-install, wall mount, adjustment Hor. 360° & Ver. 90° angle

Image Sensor 1/4" Panasonic D4 CCD Sensor

Resolution 420 TV Lines

Minimum Illumination 0 LUX w/ IR on

Lens Furnished 4mm

Power Supply 12V DC

Power Consumption 500mA

Auto Electronic Shutter: ON

Auto Gain Control Yes

S/N ratio: More than 48dB

Video Output 60Hz(50Hz)

Scanning System Interlace 2:1

Effective Picture Elements 510(H) x 492(V)

Shutter Control 1/60-1/1000000 Seconds

Horizontal Sync. Frequency 15.734 KHz

Auto White Balance ON

Back Light Compensation ON

Synchronous System Mode Internal Sync

Operating Temperature -10 deg C To +60 deg C

Gamma Characteristic: 0.45

Hello,

Good choice but as far as for better options (at the same price) would be the 2001CIH or the CBI661. Either of those give a better picture in my opinion and can be had for the same price as the unit you're looking at.

If you give that company a call tell them you spoke to me on the forums and that you would like it at that price and I'm sure you'll get it! (I got a little pull)

If you have any other questions possibly concerning that company please let me know and I would love to help you.

Thanks,

John

Thank you for the reply! I think it was CCTV imports

Hello,

Good choice but as far as for better options (at the same price) would be the 2001CIH or the CBI661. Either of those give a better picture in my opinion and can be had for the same price as the unit you're looking at.

If you give that company a call tell them you spoke to me on the forums and that you would like it at that price and I'm sure you'll get it! (I got a little pull)

If you have any other questions possibly concerning that company please let me know and I would love to help you.

Thanks,

John

Not a problem, if you do call just let em know you spoke to me on the forums and I'll make sure they get the better camera to you at the same price.

Happy Monitoring,

John

Not a problem, if you do call just let em know you spoke to me on the forums and I'll make sure they get the better camera to you at the same price.

Happy Monitoring,

John

Out of the two you suggested, which is best at night?

Out of the two you suggested, which is best at night?

2001CIH, but if you want actually I'll work you a deal on a 540tvl cam instead. Model CBI8930H, it's a 4mm lens and up to 65ft in total darkness.

Whichever you'd rather just give us a buzz and let's talk.

Thanks,

John